Operational Risk Officer, Stress Testing
- Nov 25, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for full services in Singapore, with extensive presence globally.
The Singapore team is looking for an Operational Risk Officer to join their 2nd line of defense team, specialising in Stress Testing capabilities. Reporting to the team manager, you will be presented the opportunity to work in the field of Operational risk management, data and analytics that provides exposure to senior stakeholders across non-financial risks.
Role and responsibilities
- Group Operational Risk Management: Support the Head, Operational Risk Stress Testing and Risk Appetite to define the strategic agenda for Stress Testing and Risk Appetite.
- Risk Appetite: Play a supporting role in enterprise-wide strategy definition and corporate planning, including helping define Risk Appetite for Operational Risk, ensuring the same informs risk identification and control design, where relevant, and proactively providing input and advice as to how to address any breaches
- Scenario Analysis: Plan the agenda for operational risk scenario analysis book of work by leveraging disparate data sources to identify areas of focus for scenarios. Facilitate Operational Risk scenario analysis workshops working with 1st and 2nd Lines of Defence to quantify low frequency high severity events. Facilitate identification of risks and mitigation actions through these workshops
- Stress Testing: Support Operational Risk Stress Testing and ensure outcomes are appropriately reflected in capital calibration and planning, Risk Appetite definition and Risk and Control identification and assessment. Facilitate identification of risks and mitigation actions. Able to think through the impact of a stress scenario on non financial risks and able to review and challenge the subject matter experts on such topics.
- Governance: Support appropriate governance and routines (committees, forums and other) to support the Group Operational Risk Team mandate.
- Minimum 8 years of total experience, preferably in Operational Risk or Internal Audit
- Market Knowledge: Experience in the banking industry, including demonstrated success in a similar role or 2nd Line function
- Analytical Skills: Ability to conduct hypothesis testing and articulate outcomes.
- Advanced stakeholder management skills. Ability to work through information asymmetry and influence people to achieve desired outcomes as part of the role
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932