Operational Risk Manager and Control - Cloud Security Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. ** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED ALTERNATIVELY IN THE SINGAPORE OR MALAYSIA OFFICE ** ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- This role is key and responsible for continuing improvements in the Domain(s)'s approach to risk identification and mitigation, control management and audit engagement within the framework set out by the relevant authorities.
- This operations role ensures a constant state of preparation, readiness and continuous improvement across process, risk management and reduction, audit success, documentation, MIS systems and reporting.
- To define and remain a custodian of Risk and Control as 1st line of defense.
- Process includes the procedures and protocols on Domain Risk Meetings, MOM Templates, Audit Engagements, Risk Approvals, Risk Extensions, Risk Assessments and Risk reviews done by UORM's and ensure consistency across domains.
- Maintain central data pertaining to Applications Support Risk & Control.
- Ensure Awareness of Rules of Engagement w.r.t Risk Management to all PSS Managers, stakeholders either directly or through UORM's and Leadership to ensure consistency across domainsWork with internal and external auditors support auditing requirements
- Maintain & Implement Risk and Control Process for 1st line of defence as per bank's ORF Framework.
- Identify R&R for all parties involved. Eg. PSS Mgr, SD Mgr, UORM, Function Risk Head, Technology Domain Head, Technology Stream / Function Head etc
- Document & Maintain (review periodically for applicability, improvement and efficiency) the Risk Management process on Domain Risk Meetings, MOM Templates, Audit Engagements, Risk Approvals, Risk Extensions, Risk Assessments and Risk reviews done by UORM's and ensure consistency across domains.
- Maintain central data & SharePoint pertaining to Risk & Control.
- This includes Risk Profile, Risk Analysis (EORP & Riskwise), Stakeholder engagement Matrix, CAR Status, list of GIA Audits and status, Open and Overdue Audit status etc.
- Ensure Awareness of Rules of Engagement w.r.t Risk Management to all PSS/ SD Managers, stakeholders either directly or through UORM's and Leadership to ensure consistency across domains.
- Advise and assist the Technology Domain(s) Head in driving and directing effective compliance with the prescribed operational risk management framework
- Implement effective and efficient controls to minimise / mitigate operational impact
- Ensure proper management of risk and timely resolution of issues
- Promote understanding, practice and culture of Operational Risk within the Domain(s).
- Excellent understanding of Operational Risk Management for Technology Stream
- Strong performer, with efficiency and delivery outcomes
- Makes a strategic difference
- Strong stakeholder engagement, Problem Solving skills
- Fluent English communication & writing skills
- Assertive & good problem solving skills with common sense
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually with minimal supervision.
- Self motivated and Self-starter. Ensure Awareness of Rules of Engagement w.r.t Risk Management to all PSS Managers, stakeholders either directly or through UORM's and Leadership to ensure consistency across domains
Education and Certifications
- Overall 13+ years, with Minimum 5 year experience in Technology stream preferably Application Development and support area
- Experience of working in financial services
- Risk Consulting
- Experience of working in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization, across locations.
- Certification in Risk Management like CIA, CRISC, CISA, ITIL etc.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .