Operational Risk Manager, Asia
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- ALS Recruit , EA Licence No: 16S8075
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
A private bank, HQ in Europe who has grown substantially in Asia with offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. Providing wealth management services for private and institutional clients, the company has a continued long-term commitment to the Asia region.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Monitor, assess, manage and report operational risk exposure across Asia entities
- Engage process owners and Business Risk Managers to monitor and manage risk exposures within approved risk appetite. This entails assessing the effectiveness of existing controls against evolving business activities and regulatory expectations, recommending appropriate responses to identified gaps and ensuring that agreed action plans are duly executed.
- Escalate material risks and thematic issues
- Provide feedback and advice in response to queries relating to operational controls and risks.
- Deliver training on the risk management framework and specific risk requirements.
- Assess and implement Group risk initiatives.
To succeed in this role, you will require the following demonstrable skills and attributes:
- More than 10 years of experience in operational risk management function in a regulated wealth management or asset management firm.
- Ability to independently identify and assess operational risks and ensure that necessary actions are taken to address identified risks.
- Basic understanding of Credit Risk and control process.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.