BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with over 189,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 12,000 employees and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The scope of Corporate Banking APAC Business covers the teams of Transaction Banking / Corporate Deposit & Liquidity / Loans and Market Financing Syndicate / Commodity Client Coverage.
As part of the first line of defense for the Business, the OPC team is responsible for the execution and continuous improvement of the Non-financial risks management framework covering the identification, measurement and management of Operational Risks - in close partnership with the business who is accountable.
For the performance of its mission, the OPC team will comply with the regulatory obligations of BNP Paribas, with General Management instructions and with market best practices ; and will act under the oversight of and in collaboration with the independent second line of defenses (namely Risk ORC and Compliance) Responsibilities
For the scope of Corporate Banking Business, Operational Risk & Permanent Control (OPC) staff belongs to the first line of defense defined by Group & CIB Procedures, which is responsible for the implementation of an Operational Permanent Control framework covering the identification, measurement and management of Operational Risk. Direct Responsibilities
For the performance of its mission, OPC staff will:
• comply with the regulatory obligations of BNP Paribas, with General Management instructions and with market best practices
• act under the oversight of the independent second level of defense, the Risk ORC & Compliance Contributing Responsibilities
In the above framework, under the responsibility of the Head of OPC for APAC Corporate Banking and in close interaction with the operational management of the related business lines, the key responsibilities are to:
• Support the coordination of New Activity Committee (NAC) & Transaction Approval Committee (TAC) process.
• Support Operational Risk & Control Self Assessments on the underlying activities (identification of inherent operational risk, qualification of the risks, assessment of the control framework) with interaction of operational management
• Support creation / update of Generic Control Plans for each activity
• Consolidate monitoring and analysis of historical incidents and related action plans
• Contribute to country/regional Internal Control Committee and to Permanent Control Reporting
• Follow-up on the implementation of findings/recommendations assigned to the activities under his scope.
• On ad-hoc basis, perform OPC control testing, report results, organize regular reviews to set action plans for remediation where relevant
• Duty to alert on fraud or significant failures to operational management and Risk ORC APAC.
• Promote operational risk monitoring and control culture.
• Support feedbacks to Heads of activities on risk/controls (report on incidents, validation of control plan, monitoring of recommendations, escalation, proposition of new controls etc.)
• Contribute on regulator enquiries / surveys on Operational Risk and Internal Control
• Participate to incident investigation, potential incident definition & assessment. Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
• Provide excellence in term of quality of deliveries and quality of service
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong team player
• Show a continuous improvement mindset & problem solving mindset
• Takes initiative and is results driven
• Act with integrity
• Able to work under pressure
• Follow and spread the BNPP driving forces which are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness. Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Degree or Master Degree
• Past experience in Transaction Banking, familiar with Cash Management / Trade Finance
• Overall 5 to 10 years of experience, with Operational Risk exposure
• Experience in multi-cultural environment