Offshore Relationship Manager (Malaysia)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
The Role Responsibilities
- Maximize new business/acquisition/referral opportunities and deepening existing customer relationships to the specified service standards for the Priority Clients segment
Our Ideal Candidate
- To conduct a professional, consultative financial analysis and profiling session with customers to meet their financial needs/objectives.
- To foster and deepen customer relationships by providing regular market information updates and trend analysis on local and international financial products (Malaysia market).
- In consultation with the PB team manager/branch manager/ PTL, draw up monthly plans for achieving/exceeding sales targets to meet new business and customer acquisition goals
- To participate in marketing and promotional activities for customer acquisition.
- To source and call on individual prospects
- To provide quality, efficient after-sales services
- To manage anti-attrition and retention of clients
- To organise and conduct sales presentations to groups, clubs, associations, companies and other organisations.
- To solicit referrals from other parts of SCB e.g. RMs from C&I, staff, etc.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Transaction Monitoring Unit.
- To ensure compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities.
- Understands the core concepts, principles, processes or procedures of Wealth Management and Banking
- 3 years of relevant experience in relationship management
- Proficiency in Malay, Chinese, and/or Cantonese as the incumbent will be supporting Malaysia market
- Knowledge and experience in Malaysia market is an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.