OPERATIONAL RISK ANALYST, AVP
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!Position Purpose
RISK ORC WM APAC acts as 2nd Line of Defence for all WM activities in APAC to provide RISK and WM senior management transparent, exhaustive, and consistent front to back view of Operational RISK across WM regional activities. The hired staff will work as a member of the RISK ORC WM APAC Team reporting to Supervisors to carry out the following activities:
- Review and follow up on significant incidents
- Monitor and follow up on the status of closure for recommendations
- Perform deep dive reviews over key areas of operational risk identified
- Participate in oversight missions on WM sites including procedure framework review, independent control testing, and etc.
- Review and follow-up on control of control test results submitted by 1st Line of Defence
- Support in New Activities and Exceptional Transaction Committee (NAC/TAC) reviews to assess potential operational risk issues and their remediation
- Prepare RISK ORC WM dashboards for APAC and HO Business Line reporting
- Plan and support the running of WM APAC Internal Control Committees (ICC)
- Support RISK ORC initiatives (e.g. Business Line & APAC projects)
- Escalate issues from assigned work in a timely manner for resolution
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Experience in operational risk and controls
- Prior experience in the wealth management industry
- Strong analytical skills and risk sensitivity
Strong interpersonal skills (communication, negotiation, influencing skills)
Specific Qualifications Required
• University graduate with at least 6 years of relevant experience in risk management within a control function.
• Prior experience or practical understanding in previous roles may include but are not limited to Internal and External Audit, Risk Management, Compliance and Business Management in the Wealth Management industry.