New Business Representative - Hong Kong SAR or Singapore
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
APAC New Business is seeking an outstanding candidate to join its team. Reporting directly to the Regional Head of New Business, the successful candidate will work in partnership with the Front Office and Corporate Functions divisions to support the firm's strategy, enabling the firm to competitively seize new revenue opportunities in a disciplined and controlled manner that protects and enhances the firm's franchise and reputation. Key responsibilities of this role
Your future colleagues
- Execute the control officer mandate in accordance with the New Business control framework, effectively reporting where necessary.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner to both Front Office and Corporate Functions Business Partners.
- Provide responsive, practical and compliant advice to Front Office and Corporate Functions Partners on all New Business matters.
- Manage business and/or control matters, fairly and with demonstrated pragmatism.
- Maintain a bank-wide perspective, considering both internal factors (i.e. strategic priorities) and external influencers (i.e. shareholder, client and regulatory obligations)
- Maintain active participation throughout the new Business process, applying a 'hands-on' approach to service.
- Utilize connectivity to a range of Front Office and Corporate Functions forums, in order to highlight and discuss key elements of initiatives before and after approval.
As an integral part of the COO division, the New Business department is responsible for the review and approval of all Credit Suisse's New Business initiatives and has staff in all major booking locations. The staff in the department are experienced individuals with a long and successful track record of helping the firm establish new businesses.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
Responsibilities of the New Business team are wide and varied which makes the role particularly appealing to someone who wants to acquire a broad understanding of the operations of the Bank.
To be successful in applying for this challenging and exciting role, you will be able to demonstrate an outstanding track record of delivery and you will offer
- 7-10 years' experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Broad understanding of the front to back product lifecycle, including an understanding of controls that are significant for each support function.
- Good working knowledge of the Equity, Fixed Income, Investment Banking, Private Banking and Asset Management business activities would be advantageous.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication and social skills.
- Confident to challenge as well as strong commercial acumen and a good understanding of risk.
- Experience at participating in change management projects.
- Prior project management experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent track record of successfully building positive relationships within the firm.
- Significant experience interacting with senior regional, business and Corporate Functions management levels
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.