- Based on experience
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 19 Apr 18
Network Operations Engineer, Global Technology Infrastructure, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Services Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) organization. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while it's Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
The Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC) is responsible for Tier-2 support for the Global data and voice networks, spanning 50 countries with over 2 million data network ports, 25,000+ network devices, 600+ PBX systems, 800+ voice mail systems, and 65+ call center sites.
GSO is searching for a Global Network Operations Monitoring Engineer that will be responsible for the following:
- Manages all assigned workloads with diligence and responsibility.
- Works within appropriate risk and controls governance for troubleshooting and remediation of Infrastructure issues.
- Supports all divisions of the JPMC network infrastructure in the appropriate proportions (Corporate, Retail, and DMZ).
- Continuous Improvement focus, on process, procedure and day to day operations, including but not exclusive to automation and documentation.
- Assist in Process or Procedure improvement task forces, in addition to embodying an ‘evergreen’ approach to support documentation, reducing the risks associated with incorrect or obsolete information.
- Fully documents investigation and resolution steps in all Incident, Problem and Change process tools, such as Peregrine Service Centre and the Enterprise Change Management System.
- Fully engages external parties in a timely fashion to minimize customer impacts and communicate through the appropriate established escalation channels.
- Works in partnership with the Customer to ensure exemplary levels of service provision satisfaction, through any communication media such as telephone, email and Instant Messaging.
- Attend relevant project-related meetings with Project Management, Network Engineering and Clients, supporting Customer driven events such as Power-down activity and Business Recovery exercises.
- Work autonomously using the department process and procedures as a guideline. Independent thought is required, with minimal supervision required on a daily basis.
- Exemplary Standards of verbal and written communication skills and sense of urgency, accountability, and ownership
- Technical Degree with 5 -8 years of relevant work experience.
- Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent experience is required and CCIE is desired.
- Knowledge of networking best practices and must have strong technical and demonstrated proficiency in IP Data Networking and the equipment. Knowledge of SDN is a plus.
- Experience managing large-scale enterprise network topologies within an operations environment preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot routing and switching issues in a Cisco environment besides F5, Checkpoint and Bluecoat in DMZ Setup.
- Understanding and the ability to troubleshoot the following on a daily basis: ISIS,BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, NHRP, GLBP, NAT, Subnetting, Multicast, HSRP, VRRP ,VTP, STP, VpC, ClusterXL, SONET,MPLS,OCx, GigaBit Ethernet, DWDM.
- Understanding and the ability to troubleshoot the following equipment on a daily basis: Cisco Routers & Switches, Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Load Balancers, F5 GTM & LTM, Bluecoat Proxies, Ciena Optical & other in range Network equipment.
- Possess a working understanding of systems monitoring tools and capabilities in an operations environment. Utilizing the current monitoring platform to diagnose alarm events as they come in, determine initial troubleshooting steps based on the specific alarm event received. Based on initial findings, determine next steps that need to be taken to resolve the issue.
- Working understanding of a complex systems environment including networks, distributed computing platform environments.
- Utilizes the Enterprise monitoring and triage tools provided with emphasis on alarm/event monitoring, problem resolution at an intermediate Tier 2 level, may require Tier 3 (external escalations) engagement, vendor engagement, maintenance, turnover logs, assistance with hardware, IOS updates, and maintenance windows.
- Triage tools are considered the following but not limited to: Debugs, ping, traceroute, tcpdumps,access-lists, SPLUNK , SevOne , ability to read logs, vendor web sites, Wireshark, and Sniffer Associate is expected to have a working knowledge of each triage tool, be able to read the output from each tool and independently determine next steps based off of the output which will vary with each issue to resolve or mitigate network issues. Associate may need assistance from Tier 3 (external escalations) groups or vendor.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.