The APAC Cash Regional Head and Corporate Functions Representative is accountable for two core activities. Primarily, the incumbent leads a team conducting ongoing regulatory and operational performance oversight of a portfolio of Cash Agent Bank providers. They lead the partnership with key regional stakeholders in
The APAC Cash Regional Head and Corporate Functions Representative is accountable for two core activities. Primarily, the incumbent leads a team conducting ongoing regulatory and operational performance oversight of a portfolio of Cash Agent Bank providers. They lead the partnership with key regional stakeholders in the Business, Operations, Compliance, Risk, Legal and the network of agent banks. Secondly, the APAC Cash Regional Head and Corporate Functions Representative manages internal, corporate function relationships related to Finance, Controls, Human Resources and Cash Management, connecting the business to its markets and providers. This includes deep stakeholder engagement within the functional groups at a senior level to champion business needs, act as a central point of contact and advise the business about market standards, changes and trends. This role requires both a risk and controls and relationship management mind-set.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The APAC Cash Regional Head and Corporate Functions Representative is accountable for managing a team as well as corporate function face-off, specifically:
- Managing the APAC Cash regional team to ensure they demonstrate a deep understanding of and compliance with Legal and Regulatory requirements for all jurisdictions required.
- Managing one or more externally facing agent bank relationships to support complex cross LOB interests for the firm.
- Ensuring accuracy of the regulatory oversight activities performed by the team and their adherence to policy and procedural deadlines.
- Acting as an escalation to senior management for any issues that might impact the completion of legal and regulatory requirements and formulating remediation plans.
- Representing Network Management during committees and governance forums and accountability for the quality of the materials.
- Reviewing and providing sign-off recommendations on New Business Initiatives (NBIAs), and articulating the associated risks with new/prospective engagements to senior management within the corporate functions.
- Managing in region crisis events impacting the LOBs and their markets and communicating critical information to senior management.
- Coordinating with other Regional and Global Hcaseads to ensure a consistent approach is maintained across Network Management and driving best practice and innovation initiatives in partnership with other regional heads.
- Responsible for ensuring the team maintains a culture for partnership, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Developing a deep partnership with the Regulatory & Legal team.
- Serving as a single point of contact for Network Management to the assigned corporate functions.
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of the corporate functions’ profile, understanding their network and products.
- Interacting with senior managers within the corporate functions regarding strategic management of the networks, relationships and advocacy opportunities.
- Training Network Managers about the corporate functions’ needs and strategies, building common goals and delivering objectives according to timelines.
- Offering and implementing solutions to address challenges, identifying developing trends across markets to help the corporate functions offer a competitive advantage to their clients.
- Understanding, articulating, and influencing strategic spend management and service delivery outcomes to senior managers in Network and the corporate functions to achieve savings targets.
- Measuring feedback/satisfaction from Finance, Controllers, Human Resources and Cash Management against Network Management’s performance and being responsible for YOY improvement.
- Financial Services expertise with 10-15 years’ industry experience in cash payments, risk management and oversight. This would specifically include bank or non-bank financial institution (NBFI) experience in Product, Operations, Risk, Compliance or Audit functions.
- Deep knowledge of products and services related to cash payments, foreign exchange, cash management, and treasury funding.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills across senior stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrative leadership experience, managing teams, engaging senior leaders, and working across functions and externally with agent banks/NBFIs.
- Strong experience with Third Party Oversight, risk, control and regulatory management.
- Able to demonstrate (using explicit examples) an ability to focus on details while maintaining a strategic point of view to deliver a superior product or service to managers/stakeholders.
- Able to demonstrate (using explicit examples) an ability to balance multiple deliverables across various stakeholders and communicate priorities to the team.
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work across the global Network Management team and continually deliver value.