Network Infrastructure Senior Tech Analyst
Citi Networks Technical Support Analyst Tier3
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients' best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology
teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services. Citi Technology Infrastructure
provides the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations and is responsible for delivering IT solutions, scalable infrastructure services, and secure capabilities while creating a trusted customer experience and enabling Citi's workforce to be the best for our clients. Making the bank simpler, greener, and better connected while powering it with trusted, well-secured platforms and data, and automating policy enforcement through code are all at the heart of our refreshed global strategy. Data Quality, Simplification, Environmental Stability, Automation, and Service Excellence are the key pillars and priorities on our strategic journey.
The Chief Technology Office
plays a critical role in fulfilling the firm's commitment to safety and soundness by ensuring Citi delivers efficient and high-quality solutions and technologies, coordinating foundational macro technology strategies, ensuring Citi's readiness to safely leverage new technologies, and making Citi a competitive destination for the best technical talent. CTI Networks Departmental Contributions
- Introspectively review networks operating procedures, daily support practices, major incident support, etc and provide feedback to the leadership team for the purpose of continuous service improvement and operational excellence.
- Foster innovation. Work with SMEs, SDMs, and Engineering colleagues to ensure networks support services stay ahead of the market. Think about what we do today versus what we should be doing tomorrow.
- Drive operational efficiencies. Maintain awareness of all network workflows and automation/efficiency opportunities. Utilize the wide range of tools to enhance efficiencies within networks Operations. Provide input to networks management on automation enhancements and workflow optimization opportunities.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We'll enable growth and progress together.
Networks Tier3 Technical Support Analyst
The Infrastructure Senior Technology Analyst is an intermediate level role responsible for assisting with LAN / WAN and help desk administration activities, including network maintenance, technical guidance, and security in coordination with the Technology Infrastructure team. The overall objective is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to process data, resolve issues and execute administrative tasks. Responsibilities:
Provide Tier3 Technical Support for Citibank's global network with a focus on network infrastructure in:
• 85% 'Break/Fix' support of standard enterprise Cisco Internetworking Technology solutions
• 15% 'Break/Fix' support for Internetworking technology infrastructure solutions such as
1) Load Balancers (F5 and Citrix)
2) Juniper Routers
3) Arista Switches
4) VoIP Appliances
5) WiFi/Wireless communications support
6) Other small pockets of both new and legacy internetworking technologies managed by Citi Networks
Provide timely response to phone calls into the Technical Support hotline from internal colleagues within CTI, Citi business clients, vendors, and others.
Coordinate conference calls to conduct in depth technical reviews on ongoing incidents.
Major Incident Support
- Represent on conference calls for business impacting incidents which may or may not be due to a failure in networks managed technology infrastructure
- Drive major incident conference calls as a representative of networks through consistent, professional, and highly assertive communication
- Maintain focus and poise for the duration of the major incident support cycle and work through all challenges with a results-oriented attitude and relentless focus on enhanced customer service through rapid incident resolution
- Collaborate with Network Tier3 Support, networks SMEs, SDMs, Vendor Support Teams, etc, with the goal of aligning all parties towards achieving incident resolution as quickly as possible
- Communicate with networks Management to provide frequent status updates regarding the technical issue, status of the remediation efforts, and ongoing business impact.
Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in providing network operations supporting a network with 1000+ nodes.
- NOC (Network Operations Center) experience or large financial institution network operation/implementation experience is highly preferred.
- Expert level working knowledge of enterprise TCP/IP communications (IPv4, QoS, IPSEC, VPN, etc)
- Experience in supporting Load Balancers, DNS, DHCP.
- Strong knowledge of network protocol analysis using industry standard toolsets such as Wireshark capable of performing in-depth packet capture analysis.
- Expert working knowledge following routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, RIP, Multicast
- Strong working knowledge of IPSLA probes, EEM Applets, application specific network performance analysis, and TCP/IP optimization mechanisms for maximizing application performance across enterprise networks
- Strong working knowledge of common security threats facing enterprise networks including DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) and various defensive mechanisms and threat mitigation strategies.
- Industry certifications includes; CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS, JNCIP, etc
- Strong knowledge in SDWAN technology.
- Intermediate to Expert software or programming knowledge in Python, JSON, Certified Scrum Master, NSO and in Terraform, AWS (Solutions Architect), Kubernetes, is a plus
General Attributes, Characteristics, and Capabilities
- Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality while maintaining professionalism. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, concise, and highly assertive communication.
- Capable of understanding customers' requirements and setting the correct expectation to stakeholders to prevent re-work or incorrect project delivery.
- Effective prioritization skills and high energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced network operations environment. Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating and potentially voluminous operational and project-based workload.
- Ability to articulate technical information to large audience with various levels of technical knowledge base, including a business management audience that may lack a deep technical understanding of internetworking technology solutions. Ability to drive communication between business leaders and IT. Must exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence.
- High sense of urgency and commitment to exceed customer expectations. Strong personal work ethic, inspires excellence and enthusiasm amongst peer group
- Resilient and highly responsive in overcoming adversity, ability to work through a multitude of challenges/obstacle in order to achieve the desired end result
- Process oriented; self-disciplined and settles well into established systems and structures. Focuses on the journey as well as the destination.
- Ability and flexibility to operate within tightly controlled operational procedures. Proficiency in managing customer satisfaction requirements within the confines or operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated technical competencies and history of increased responsibilities during previous three years. Strong dedication towards continual growth and self-improvement including year-over-year progression in industry certifications and overall technical proficiencies and knowledge base.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting