Network Engineer, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Network team is looking to add a Network Engineer to our networking team. Your goal is to be one of the contributors to the global network team and participate in the design and implementation of the next generation campus, data center and cloud architecture based on software-defined networking. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a global organization and participate in the development of the next generation network architecture. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of network design and implementation, campus design, data center fabrics, cloud deployments and network automation. What you will be responsible for
As Network Engineer, you will
What we value
- Experience in networking with demonstrated success deploying large scale WAN, campus and data center networks.
- Responsible for implementing and supporting the network infrastructure based on defined standards
- Assist with the implementation of the global SD-WAN deployment and support
- Has thorough knowledge of infrastructure technology interdependencies
- Implement campus/branch network designs
- Support the NAC/802.1x deployment to restrict network access
- Implement WAN connectivity to clients and partners based on defined standards
- Provide training and new technology overview to engineering colleagues
- Maintain and update configuration standards
- Assist with the research, development and deployment of new technologies to evolve our network and security infrastructure
- Develop and lead the implementation of network tools required to automate, manage and troubleshoot large-scale networks
- Technical escalation point of contact for network and security technologies
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Experience in the following areas:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Routing (BGP, OSPF)
- Switching (Cisco, Arista)
- Packet decoding and analysis
- Web Proxy Servers
- Load Balancing
- Remote Access Solutions
- Cloud connectivity
Why this role is important to us
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP, IPv4/6, Routing Protocols, and related network services (DHCP, DNS)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent desired
- 6 years experience in the network field
- Certification in a major technology area preferred(CCNP, CCIE or equivalent preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure when resolving complex issues with strict deadlines
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with the team members and superiors
- Ability to lead and execute projects related to new technology integration
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers