About TRUMID XT Trumid XT is a financial technology company bringing efficiency, connectivity, and access to credit trading through innovative technology and product design. Trumid XT product ecosystem leverages data and the power of the network effect to create transparency, liquidity, and efficient trade execution. Our company’s electronic trading platform connects corporate bond market professionals to a broad network of liquidity and provides a range of trading protocols to access it. For more information, visit www.trumidxt.com.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Network Engineer who is up for a challenge to join our fast-paced and growing Technology Operations team. You must be passionate about network engineering, connectivity support, AWS (Amazon Web Services) and have solid skills in IT, Systems Admin and Support. In this role, you will be responsible for internetworking overall.
You will provide expertise in network infrastructure including routers, switches, network management solutions, network access solutions, firewalls, virtualization solutions and virtual private network (VPN) solutions. You will implement applicable security best practices; identify and mitigate infrastructure vulnerabilities and persistent threats; understand, detect, and emulate network infrastructure adversary tactics, techniques and procedures; identify and resolve network and application performance issues.
While working in a small team environment, you will also work closely with the development and business teams, assisting clients when needed with their connectivity needs.
What You'll Do:
- Perform network planning, maintenance, and support with our current setup of on-prem and AWS cloud
- Design and implement technical processes, procedures, and infrastructure projects as they relate to network engineering
- Manage a global network infrastructure, providing proactive maintenance to ensure maximum network performance and availability
- Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet the organization's needs and manage the deployment of new equipment and systems
- Expand automation and provisioning tools using infrastructure as code mentality
- Respond to system generated alerts/escalations relating to any failures on the network
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective/preventive measures
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution
- Contribute content to our knowledge base and help build support processes that will scale
- Be available on call and perform routine night and weekend work
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience with Network Engineering and Support
- 2+ years with AWS cloud networking
- 2+ years experience with Terrafom
- Strong working and theoretical knowledge of common networking, related protocols (such as BGP, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP), and skills to support, configure, and install networking solutions
- Experience working with network infrastructure areas preferably in a financial institution
- Knowledge of design and architecture of LAN, MAN, WAN, SAN networks
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols, such as EIGRP and BGP
- Advanced knowledge on troubleshooting networking issues OSI layers 1-7 across data, voice and video, storage networks
- Scripting skills w/ Python, BASH, and various other Linux tools
- Strong communication skills - comfortable talking to technical and nontechnical customers, developers and business
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment, where you will have to multitask effectively and wear many hats in a small team environment.
- Ability to track issues and follow up in a timely manager
- AWS certification a plus
- Windows administration and Office 365 experience a plus