Network Connectivity Engineer
Network Connectivity Engineer Singapore
As a Barclays Network Connectivity Engineer, you will be part of a team that engineers, develops & supports the IT infrastructure of the bank. You will be responsible for supporting the global networking, firewall, load balancing, audio visual, wireless, along with IP telephony technologies. Hosting services, collaboration services & service management are building blocks of Infrastructure Services and you play a fundamental part for identifying, determining and resolving issues as and when required. Regulated Role
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we are looking for:
- Gathering requirements from core networks product managers, service managers, product engineers and solution delivery centre to work on solutions and projects
- Working with other teams within infrastructure services to provide sustainable enterprise scale solutions
- Engaging end users and key stakeholders to provide feedback and ensure requirements and expectations are properly met
- Solving operational issues through troubleshooting and incident resolution
- Acting as a gatekeeper for changes which goes into production, and implementing changes according to stakeholder requirements
- Acting as an owner for network inventory
- Taking key decisions in respect of the impact of any fault or change on users and existing infrastructure
- Ensuring all tasks are recorded and completed in a professional and structured manner, while making sure that all company process and procedures are followed
Skills that will help you in the role:
- CCIE certification and equivalent, basic Linux Shell commands
- Solid hands-on Cisco product configuration using IOS, Nexus, ACI, CSP, Firepower. Working knowledge of enterprise management platforms
- Solid hands-on on the following LAN/WAN Protocols & Technologies: (TCP/IP, Multicast, Ethernet, VPN, MPLS, Wireless), experience in following routing & bridging protocols
- Working knowledge of core networks, transport, internet and firewall platforms, Enterprise Wireless Technologies, Remote Access VPN, SSL, Python Scripting
Where will you be working?
- Knowledgeable on change, incident, problem and capacity management framework
- Experience of working within a large multiple-site, multi-protocol LAN & WAN, preferably within a global financial institution
- Experience of working with large scale wireless network
- Experience on control, risk and compliance framework
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.