NOC Network Engineer
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
Network Operations is part of Global Technology Infrastructure department and is responsible for managing the global network and security infrastructure. The team performs multiple operational, project and engineering aspects in routing, load balancing, monitoring and optimizing the network. We are extending and building a new team for level 1 monitoring in three locations and adopt the follow-the-sun model to monitor the network estate.
- Work closely with regional and global teams to provide ongoing support for the global network infrastructure
- Monitor data & voice circuits and work with carrier to resolve outages.
- Perform network configuration changes in accordance with the firm’s change management process
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption/recovery, deploy preventative and corrective measures in the enterprise
- Respond to alerts by following documented procedures for appropriate verification, assessment, resolution and escalation
- Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network configuration, network diagrams and processes.
- Review incident reports provided by vendors, as well as draft internal incident summary reports to senior management when called for
- Willing to work on 9-hour shift pattern, public holidays and weekends
- 2 – 3 years experience in IT infrastructure operations/support role prefered
- Basic knowledge of network routing and switching technologies and protocols
- Experience with various Cisco equipment, including routers, switches and firewalls a plus
- Experience with CheckPoint, Cisco firewalls, load balancers and WAN accelerators a plus
Basic understanding of IP telecommunications technologies a plus
- Good academic background with a degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology, Business Studies, Computing or relevant subject.
- Scripting and Programming skills: python, bash, perl, etc.
- Working knowledge of Unix / Linux operating systems
- CCNA Cisco certification or higher is preferred
- Excellent relationship building and communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to multi-task in a dynamic and fast pace environment
A team player and can also work on own initiative
- Desire to learn and grow with the organization
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.