- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
- 16 Dec 17
NCIS Tier II Manager (Network Infrastructure)
NCIS Tier II Manager (Network Infrastructure)
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17072166
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) performs. We support the day-to-day operations of Citi through technology infrastructure services. CTI transforms. We are working to offer an ever-increasing level of service and innovative technology solutions to our business partners and end-users. CTI is global organization consisting of Global Data Center, Global Technology Operations, Global Information Technology Service Management, and regionally aligned technology infrastructure teams in North America, Latin America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), and Asia Pacific. CTI also has business aligned technology infrastructure and services management organizations for critical large clients including Citi ICG (Institutional Client Group) and GCG (Global Consumer Group).
The CTI Network Core Infrastructure Services (NCIS) team provides 24x7x365 network support using a dual hemisphere support model with one center in Irving, Texas and the other in Singapore. Each center provides real-time backup for the other enabling efficient transfer of operations in the event of an emergency. Continuity of business between the two centers can be achieved within minutes.
NCIS supports over 45,000 Cisco devices and 35,000 data circuits across 103 countries. NCIS is the single point of contact for all network related issues and provides end to end support for the Global Citi network. NCIS Operates with a highly sophisticated and integrated tool set which includes full integration between applications which provide Incident Recording, Asset Management, Performance Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, and Incident Notification.
We are looking for a highly assertive and aggressive take-charge personality, someone who can be in charge of our NOC simply through their natural presence. We are looking for someone who has innate leadership capabilities and does not hesitate to provide input, direction, correction, etc under high pressure situations. We need someone who can field a phone call from a Managing Director/Executive Leader and provide a proper executive update every time without hesitation or nervousness.
This person is expected to be able to:
• Provide leadership to a global team of ~30 network operations personnel
• Field escalations and executive management communications during high severity incidents.
• Ensure compliance with NCIS standard procedures amongst all staff members
Provide oversight of TierII Technical Support for Citibank's global network :
• 85% 'Break/Fix' support of standard enterprise Cisco Internetworking Technology solutions
• 15% 'Break/Fix' support for Internetworking technology infrastructure solutions such as
1) Load Balancers (F5 and Citrix)
2) Juniper Routers
3) WAN Accelerators/Optimizers (Riverbed)
4) WiFi/Wireless communications support
5) Other small pockets of both new and legacy internetworking technologies managed by NCIS
• The TierII Manager will have full ownership of all NCIS technical support engagements including all technology performance issues reported by clients such as latency, intermittent connectivity, lack of connectivity, file transfer failure, 3rd party connectivity failure, etc
• Coordinate conference calls to conduct in depth technical reviews on ongoing incidents.
• Partner with the Management team to provide leadership to a team of 100+ technology operations personnel globally to ensure operations staff are delivering a high level of service for the network technology domain
• Act as the primary escalation point for service issues including direct interaction with senior/executive management
• Ensure mature and documented support processes exist and are properly communicated to all relevant NCIS staff so that a consistently strong level of service is maintained by the global operating teams in both regions
• Partner with senior technology leaders across the various technology domains to ensure optimal utilization of resources and continuous process improvement to maximize service quality
• Strategically shift NCIS operations to a service based operating model rather than the traditional infrastructure based operating model
• Partner with the NCIS Management team to ensure we hire and maintain top talent in the organization through interviews and recruiting functions
Major Incident Support
• Represent NCIS on conference calls for business impacting incidents which may or may not be due to a failure in NCIS managed technology infrastructure
• Drive major incident conference calls as the representative of NCIS through consistent, professional, and highly assertive communication
• Maintain focus and poise for the duration of the major incident support cycle and work through all challenges with a results oriented attitude and relentless focus on enhanced customer service through rapid incident resolution
• Collaborate with NCIS TierIII Support, SMEs, SDMs, Vendor Support Teams, etc, with the goal of aligning all parties towards achieving incident resolution as quickly as possible
Effective Service Operations:
• Ensure rapid resolution or proper escalation of all incidents
• Participate in daily ticket review with NCIS SMEs in accordance with the standard NCIS Operational Oversight practices. Directly perform senior level escalations to Citi internal technology teams or vendors,
• Ensure tickets are working with an appropriate level of prioritization based on criticality, severity, urgency, etc
Introspectively review NCIS operating procedures, daily support practices, major incident support, etc and provide feedback to the leadership team for the purpose of continuous service improvement and operational excellence.
Foster innovation. Work with TierIII, SMEs, SDMs, and Engineering colleagues to ensure NCIS support services stay ahead of the market. Think about what we do today versus what we should be doing tomorrow.
Drive operational efficiencies. Maintain awareness of all NCIS workflows and automation/efficiency opportunities. Utilize the wide range of tools to enhance efficiencies within NCIS Operations. Provide input to NCIS management on automation enhancements and workflow optimization opportunities.
1) 10+ years of experience in providing network operations support. Experience supporting a network with 1000+ nodes is preferred. NOC (Network Operations Center) experience is highly preferred.
2) 10+ years of supervision/leadership in a network operations or other enterprise technology support environment is absolutely required. NOC Management experience highly preferred. Executive communications & crisis management experience highly preferred.
3) Intermediate level working knowledge of enterprise TCP/IP communications (IPv4, QoS, IPSEC, etc)
4) Intermediate level working knowledge of enterprise standard Ethernet media types: Fastethernet, Gigabit and TenGigabit.
5) Intermediate level working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches, WANs, (T1, T3, MPLS)
6) Intermediate level working knowledge of three of the following routing protocols: EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP
7) Any of following Industry Certifications are highly preferred*:
I. Cisco Certified Network Associate is preferred (CCNA).
II. Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate/Specialist/Professional (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP)
III. Information Technology Infrastructure Library - Version 3 Foundations (ITIL Version 3)
*A commensurate knowledge base in absence of certification is acceptable
General Attributes, Characteristics, and Capabilities
1) Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, articulate, and highly assertive communication. Must be aggressive but also professional. Must show confidence in all communications so that key stake holders are not doubtful of the information being communicated.
2) Effective prioritization skills and high energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced network operations environment. Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating and potentially voluminous operational workload.
3) Ability to articulate technical information to large audience with various levels of technical knowledge base, including a business management audience that may lack a deep technical understanding of internetworking technology solutions. Ability to drive communication between business leaders and IT. Must exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information with inherent confidence.
4) High sense of urgency and commitment to exceeding customer expectations. Strong personal work ethic, inspires excellence and enthusiasm amongst peer group
5) Resilient and highly responsive in overcoming adversity, ability to work through a multitude of challenges/obstacle in order to achieve the desired end result
6) Ability to provide clear and detailed documentation of all technical troubleshooting tasks performed on all incidents in order to maintain proper continuity in a 24x7 network operations center environment.
7) Ability and willingness to operate within tightly controlled operational procedures. Proficiency in managing customer satisfaction requirements within the confines or operational procedures to achieve a suitable outcome for all stakeholders.
8) Demonstrated technical competencies and history of increased responsibilities during previous three years. Strong dedication towards continual growth and self-improvement including year-over-year progression in industry certifications and overall technical proficiencies and knowledge base.
9) Strong analytical, organizational, written and interpersonal skills