This role is for the position of Senior Analyst within the Commercial or Corporate and Institutional Model Validation team. The successful candidate will contribute to the department’s assessment of statistical models and quantitative rules that enable the bank to manage credit risk and financial crime risk, as well as and other models used in the retail banking business. The role is Singapore based with Global / SCB group wide responsibilities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
You will work on a variety of models covering many all aspects of the model life cycle. These include data management, methodology, programming, quantitative assessment, governance and compliance to standards. The successful candidate will exhibit a pro-active business engagement strategy, contributing to the development and maintenance of a robust model risk measurement and reporting system. Key aspects of the role include:
- Independent evaluation of new and existing risk models including IRB/IFRS9/Scorecards
- Assessment of changes to existing models and related risk data and infrastructure.
- Assist with the delivery of the validation plan, ensuring timely identification of issues and projects are completed to the required standard.
- Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions & theoretical basis.
- Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions.
- Documentation of findings and communication of results / justifications to senior management
Qualifications & Skills
- Graduate level qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field.
- Experience in risk analytics, developing or validating statistical models across the Commercial and/or Corporate and Institutional portfolio
- Proficient in statistical and data analysis of large datasets using data management software including SAS and Excel.
- Knowledge of banking data and IT infrastructure, including data management and data quality control
- Strong focus on quality control and attention to detail.
- Curious, with ability & experience of speaking up and challenging perceived wisdom.
- Post graduate qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field (MSc, PhD).
- Excellent understanding of a retail business and products (mortgages, credit cards, personal loans).
- Understanding of the regulatory environment related to financial crime and credit risk modelling and experience in dealing with regulators on complex technical issues will be highly regarded.
- Exposure to developing and automating risk MIS / model performance monitoring.
- Advanced VBA or other programming skills.
- Effective presentation and business engagement skills at senior executive level.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and explain such interpretation to stakeholders and senior management.