Mobile Developer - SCVentures (Wealth Venture)
SC Ventures (SCV) spearheads the bank's innovation across the Group. Included in SCV's mandate will be to invest in FinTech's and other start-up companies, promote rapid testing and implementation of new business models. SCV will work with businesses and functions across the Group in three key areas of eXellerator, investments, and ventures
This role sits within the Venture unit which sponsors and oversees new disruptive technology ventures that are wholly or partially owned by Standard Chartered. It seeks projects that amplify the bank's core strengths or where the bank can support a venture in a strategic way.
This role sits directly with one of the Ventures which is focused on wealth accumulation & retirement.
• Develop a new platform (greenfield project) from scratch.
• Initial design, coding & functional testing for private cloud deployment
• Develop mobile applications in React Native.
• Control mobile application development, architecture and infrastructure design, technology build and deployment activities on multiple platforms
• Assist in refining and enhancing mobile architectures and frameworks
• Coordinate and work with clients and offshore teams
• Work towards providing clarity in ambiguous environments
• Articulate client requirements into technical architecture
• Working in highly collaborative, fun loving team using Agile methodology
• "Write code for others, not for yourself" - your code will be visible to thousands of developers
Knowledge & Skills
• Hands-on React Native and/or Android/iOS Native mobile app development experience
• At least 5 years professional working experience in software development.
• Working familiarity and understanding of the back end, i.e. REST APIs, SQL/NoSQL Databases or similar experience with remote data via RESTful APIs and JSON.
• Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, prototyping, gathering requirements or supporting mobile app development as part of a team
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies is a plus
• Knowledge of asynchronous messaging middleware is a plus
• Knowledge of retail banking is a plus
• Be nice, respectful, able to work in a team