Middle office operation officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Support the Equity Cash and Listed Derivatives Middle Office Agency business
• Performing post trades processes ensuring correctness of client's allocation.
• Timely sending of confirmations
• Reconciliation of trades with external counterparts (market, brokers).
• Static Data maintenance.
• Liaising with Front Office to follow-up on settlement or client billing issues.
• Comply daily job tasks with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
• Reporting all incidents according to the Incident Management System Implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities.
• Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud , by helping to devise, and by implementing sufficient regular controls. And ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
• Standard processes to route customer queries to correct department for timely resolution
• Liaison with the IT and related parties for the new project or enhancement requirement
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Specific Qualifications Required
• Proficient in Excel, macro knowledge is preferred
• Basic accounting knowledge is preferred
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good operational/technical skills
• Good analytical skills
• Fluent in English and Cantonese, Mandarin is preferred
• Experience in listed derivatives MO is an advantage.