Middle Office, Asia Operations Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Asia Operations manager will manage a small team, and will be involved with a variety of investment operations activities. The role involves cash/liquidity management, collateral margining and coordination of portfolio transition events, bank/broker oversight, and claims management. The position involves daily interaction with Portfolio Managers/Traders, Trade Compliance, Client Facing Professionals, Back Office Operations, Custodian Banks and Brokers. The candidate will support the Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Sydney trade desks covering APAC markets.
The role also requires direct interfacing with Middle Office/Project Management & Onboarding/Operations staff and other teams located around the globe. This position requires assertiveness, acute attention to detail, and an aptitude for managing multiple competing priorities with minimal oversight or direction. Additionally, this position requires agility in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Daily tasks
- Run cash investing and liquidity models/reports for traders
- Agree/dispute Collateral margin calls and facilitate pull backs on excess collateral
- Address inquiries from Portfolio management and Account management
- Assist with the oversight and resolution of trade settlement issues, fails, and claims
- Perform daily reconciliations of cash forecast
- Analyze liquidity and cash overdraft projection reports
- Lead projects and initiatives to enhance PIMCO's operational and trading capabilities
- Research and resolve inquiries from internal and external groups
- Build and/or supporting the development of metric reports that pinpoint areas or risk to be presented to senior management.
- 4 year university degree in finance, accounting, or economics preferred
- 5-10 years of Operations experience in the financial service industry
- Direct working knowledge in cash, collateral management, and familiar with claim processing
- Management experience preferred
- Product knowledge in processing and settlement of various financial products (fixed income, forex, equities, derivatives, repurchase agreements, TBAs, and equity products recommended)
- Familiarity with ISDA, GMRA, and MSFTA documentation preferred
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with MS computer applications, Bloomberg trade order management, DTCC DS Match, Markitwire, and Consent Platforms desirable
- Self-motivated problem solver and results oriented; contributing to the firm's success
- Strong Excel and database knowledge
- Must have experience in managing processes, and prioritizing multiple tasks within a high paced, high pressure environment, and possess an acute attention to detail
- Strong team player; ability to partner effectively with multiple teams
- Flexibility in Shift arrangements (covering all APAC markets -may need to cover on Singapore holidays). Flex working arrangement available.