Microsoft SQL Database Administrator ( 12 Months Contract)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Temporary, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. The Singapore’s infrastructure team provides high quality support and project/change capability for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region, working closely as part of the global team.
As the Database Administrator, you will work closely with the platform heads and engineers across the Wintel, Unix, Storage and Database functions to ensure infrastructure provides the best service possible. You will design, build, test and deliver the strategy provided by the technical authority for this vertical.
The database platform underpins our global applications and as such requires high availability, consistently high performance and effective monitoring. We run SQL in all our global data centres, and Oracle in Singapore and London. Working with the global team, ensuring the best standards are adopted by all globally is fundamental to making this a successful platform.
The estate requires significant redesign to in order to optimise, standardise and simplify both the technology and operational processes to facilitate a move towards automation and self-service. We utilise both physical and virtual servers to host our estate and are looking to implement an automation platform.
- Design, build and test the global SQL database platform.
- Work closely with the support functions, the Storage and Unix engineers to ensure all designs & deployments are globally consistent, scalable and supportable.
- Establish and document global standards for hardware & configuration.
- Maintain high-levels of uptime across the estate.
- Build a platform, capable of delivering automation at every opportunity.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Degree graduate with at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a financial services or similar regulated industry.
- Experienced in converged datacentre design & next gen storage.
- Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring the performance & capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL server 2012 and 2016
- Knowledge of Oracle 11 and 12c preferred
- High Availability using SQL AlwaysOn, clustering and Windows Operating systems. Oracle Dataguard preferred.
- Experience of delivering improvement through debugging code and optimising queries.
- Creation and development of scheduled database maintenance routines.
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, Power shell scripting and automation, volume management, storage backup, monitoring and configuration management software.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of building capacity planning and capacity management processes.
- In-depth knowledge of security and vulnerability based approach to security hardening.
- A good communicator and able to work collaboratively in a global team.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Someone who is capable of ‘green-field’ thinking, able to imagine how the global platform could look and to create a strategy to get us there.
- The ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information with the wider team.