About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
As a MicroStrategy Developer, you will be tasked with managing all aspects of any new work/project assessments thoroughly from inception to delivery. You will need to build close working relationships with enterprise data management to design and implement specific analytics requirements based on bank's data standards. In addition, as a MicroStrategy Developer you will also work closely with Project teams, partners and 3rd party vendors .
Our Ideal Candidate
- MicroStrategy schema definition, design, implementation and maintenance
- Follow the development standards
- Performance tuning, testing, and troubleshooting of both new and existing BI solutions
- Analysis and interpretation of business requirements and translation into technical requirement specifications
- Assistance with project planning, estimating, approach definition and implementation planning
- Support, design, build and test Micro Strategy objects, projects, reports, dashboards, cubes.
- Evaluate current and emerging BI industry trends and best practices when designing BI solutions* Plan custom application lifecycle management for embedded solutions
- Participate in solution architecture, proof of concepts, and estimations
- Create application dashboards and perform automated compliance audits
- Documentation - Data Dictionary/Data Modelling/Data Lineage/Business Rules/DQ Rules/ Data Standards, Etc.
- Report Types - Gap Analysis/Problem Analysis/Completeness Dashboards, Etc.
- Process/Data Modelling - 'As Is'/'To Be'/ Visio/Enterprise Architect/Erwin, Etc.
- Strong query language skills (SQL , Hive ,HBase , ETL )
- Good experience with Business Intelligence tools and Decision Support Systems
- Strong data analysis skills using Hive , Spark , Python , R , Microstrategy and Tableau.
- Proven experience in working with key stakeholders within the business
- Proven problem solving skills
- Proven Experience in Data Management and Data Quality Management techniques.
- Stakeholder Management / Analysis
- Presentation Skills - Data Story telling using visualisations is must
- Soft Skills - Communication/Negotiation/Relationship Building/Influencing
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .