Mgr Data Sales
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Manager Data Sales is responsible for sale and revenue generation of Market Data products and services to clients across all Client Development and Sales (CD&S) segments, market data vendors, analytics providers, and any consumers or redistributors of CME Group market data, aligned with the plans and strategies defined by the Data Services business line.
The position requires an understanding of how financial market data is used by one or more customer types. Sales responsibility is for all CME Group and third-party real-time data, historical data, analytics, index, and derived data products.
Sales activities may include New Client Acquisition (NCA) as well as active account management.
The candidate will be required to work with stakeholders in CD&S Customer Segments and Global Data Business Line Management. The Position will be responsible for:
- Generating new business from existing and prospective customers by educating about the benefits and opportunities that CME Group data products & services provide to financial institutions, traders, risk managers, and other customers types.
- Managing existing customer pipeline while building valuable customer relationships by engaging with the appropriate market data/business contacts at each client and prospect, detailing expectations around market data usage and thoroughly understanding the full use of CME Group market data by the client.
- Understand and execute on sales plans and priorities ensuring that all financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Identifying and communicating client needs, trends and behaviors to Market Data Business Line Managers .
- Cross selling and cross-referring CME products and services, identifying and referring opportunities to the appropriate CD&S sales team
As part of CD&S the Manager Data Sales will follow all CD&S processes including but not limited to salesforce reporting, pipeline management, account management, campaign management, cross referral and cross sell, country plan management and other initiatives.
The manager will ensure they continuously develop their product and service acumen in market data specifically, but also across all asset classes and CME products.
The individual will understand and stay informed of market data issues and trends within the wider industry.
The role may involve national and international travel up to a maximum of 30% of a sales person's time. Qualifications:
- At least 3 years relevant sales or product management experience in wholesale financial Market Data
- Strong knowledge of market data pricing and licensing models across the financial industry (e.g. exchanges, calculation agents, index providers, etc.) is preferred.
- Extensive experience working with clients including relationships with the financial institutions to facilitate their understanding of the application of CME Group's market data products and data offerings to inform their trading, investment and risk management needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of data consumer and data vendor firms globally, including (but not limited to) major and niche information vendors, investment banks, online trading platforms, high frequency and proprietary trading firms.
- Maintains a keen sense of business acumen and demonstrates advanced negotiating skills with the ability to navigate challenging engagements with customers and to come to mutually acceptable outcomes while preserving or even enhancing the customer relationship.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and execute responsibilities to meet or exceed team objectives.
- Strong teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively across organizations. Works towards cultivation of a culture that encourages open communication, cooperation and the sharing of information.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) with advanced degree preferred.
- Candidates preferred who are fluent in Mandarin (verbal)