Markets Operations Control Lead, Investment Banking
- Aug 31, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their top tier Corporate and Investment Banking services. They are one of the well-recognised tier one houses.
The Singapore team is looking for an AVP to join their Markets Operations Control team which is a newly created team to support the traders. This is a 1st line defense role where you will play a key role looking at governance and policies, providing advisory support on pre-trade matters.
Role and responsibilities
- Understanding and implementing a Governance framework that enables Markets to achieve its business goals in a safe & controlled manner, within the risk appetite of the firm
- Working in remediation activities as a result of regulatory requirements and/or audit identified issues, and helping to drive control initiatives globally
- Working with business and functions to compile reports on the status of governance for the business line risk and control meetings, and regulatory enquiries
- Helping to ensure the asia markets business has documented processes, procedures, risk assessment & controls & stored appropriately and evidenced in accordance with regulations
- Ensuring the business can identify, design and implement appropriate business controls, testing and quality assurance that ensures risks are flagged and highlighted
- Helping with thematic control remediation programmes to provide input for the Asia Markets business and to assist in the coordination and completion of remediation activities
- Engaging with the Global Markets Ops team to provide regular feedback on control initiatives
- Experience in implementing new frameworks and processes that are innovative and enablers of growth in control environments
- Mind set of using technology to best advantage to minimise manual tasks and improve quality of information
- Experience in a control, governance or oversight function
- Awareness of relevant local Regulators and experience in dealing with Regulatory requests
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent governance ethics
- Ability to influence and negotiate across all areas and levels of the organisation
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932