Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The role of the Marketing Strategist is to partner with client-facing colleagues in Asia to set marketing direction and priorities that support opportunities for client growth and retention and to deliver and execute integrated marketing programs that will include above-the-line and below-the-line activities such as advertising, public relations, social media, events, communications and email marketing. This role will work across both institutional and distribution channels with particular responsibility and focus on work across the intermediary businesses, including sub-advisory and wealth management. This position is part of the Global Marketing team and will report to the head of marketing for the Asia region.
The successful candidate must therefore have a proven track record in developing both strategic and tactical marketing initiatives across the marketing mix. They will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of implementing effective brand awareness, lead generation and lead nurturing programs. This is a hands-on-role that will require both strategic thinking and tactical execution.
This role is part of a global marketing function with locations in Boston, London, Singapore, and Tokyo that includes teams dedicated to content creation (writing/editing/proofreading), content management (readership optimization and content tagging), design (digital and print), marketing operations and project management, digital marketing, and events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate strategic discussion with business partners to set marketing priorities for each business line and to develop integrated marketing plans
- Own and execute marketing initiatives including potentially helping to drive certain regional product and channel initiatives ensuring that they are in line with strategy, timeline, and budget
- Proactively partner with other experts within marketing team (design, editorial, events, project management) on all relevant aspects of marketing deliverables and programs
- Share themes and best practices with marketing colleagues in other channels and regions
- Deliver successful client programs, collaborating with colleagues locally
- Support development of key investment content in support of marketing initiatives including seminar/forum presentations, sub-advisory road shows, sub-advisory marketing materials, and client facing promotional materials (e.g. presentations, webcasts, videos, etc).; review and fine tune messaging and materials and prepare speakers
- Keep abreast of marketplace dynamics (competitive landscape, topics of client interest) and current investment thinking within the firm to inform content ideas for programs and thought leadership topics
- Coordinate and manage translation of marketing related content
- Oversee the Japanese public website
- Collect and review metrics to measure and continue to improve effectiveness of marketing program
- 10+ years of experience in intermediary marketing within the financial industry, a portion of which should include direct management, development, and execution of marketing communication plans and initiatives. An advanced degree will be viewed favorably. In addition, the candidate should possess the following attributes:
- A passion for the investment management industry and global markets
- Deep understanding of the distribution business and competitive landscape in Asia especially Singapore and Hong Kong (i.e., marketing practices and tools, conferences, and regulatory environment)
- Strong knowledge and experience of raising brand awareness in markets such as Hong Kong and Singapore and across multiple distribution channels
- Experience building integrated strategic and tactical marketing programs that promote the firm's investment capabilities
- Ability to tell product 'stories' through content that will engage a variety of audiences, including institutional and intermediary decision makers
- Strong communication skills in both English and Chinese - verbal, written and interpersonal,
- Strong business judgment. Candidate will be relied upon to consult the appropriate internal parties and use sound judgment to make decisions regarding budgets, use of internal resources, firm brand, and compliance considerations
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively and professionally with creative teams, senior executives, internal business partners, external clients and external vendors
- Passion for working collaboratively as a part of a global team where team members are based in multiple global office
Marketing Strategist JOB FAMILY
Mkt Srvcs - Seminars & Prog LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .