About the Role
- Exciting Opportunity to be part of Institutional Market Risk team
- Gain exposure to onshore and offshore FX and Rates Markets in the Asia region
- Report to Senior Manager, Local Markets
Role Location: Singapore
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
As a Manager, Local Markets you are required to monitor and analyse the traded market risks that arise out of the Singapore Local Markets (LM) business - with focus on active management of risks arising from trading foreign exchange and interest rate products traded out of Singapore. You will have the responsibility for ensuring that the Local Markets (Rates and FX) desk operates in a safe manner in relation to the risks (including conduct risk and benchmark activity), with unexpected losses mitigated through sufficient controls and oversight. The said person will be reporting to Senior Manager, Local Markets.
You will be accountable for;
- Monitoring of the traded market risks under Local Markets Singapore ensuring all material market risks are identified, measured and managed including VaR, Stress testing, Limit management and accurate and timely attribution of financial performance
- Understand limitations of models and risk metrics, controls and any compensating controls required
- On-going enhancement of the stress testing framework for Global risks and pockets of risks affecting individual regions
- Highlighting pockets of risk to senior management
- Proactive rate source identification and maintenance
- Mitigate unexpected traded market risk losses from LM Singapore business(es)
- Assist with limit framework development and management for market risks associated with LM business
- Ensure market risk capital is accurate and efficient -optimize Market Risk capital and pro-actively forecast changes
- Ensure all policies and limits are effective, including considering benchmark controls and oversight, while supporting revenue generation
- Support any local regulatory and audit (including conduct risk) matters and ensure they are well managed in a timely manner
- Understanding of the current and future regulatory requirements, including any changes to Benchmark methodologies within the region
- Call out any issues observed in areas which may not be part of direct responsibility such as operational and compliance risks
- Timely and effective resolution of issues, including Financial Benchmark related issues
- Improve and automate local Market Risk processes according to best practices in the industry
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Tertiary qualification in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Maths, Science, Engineering, Quant Finance), together with strong business acumen, a commercial approach and experience in understanding & identifying risk.
- Strong experience across one of Markets or Markets Risk (management of risk or similar discipline).Banking experience, in particular in Markets or Markets Risk, preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Sound technical knowledge of market risks across linear and non linear products. Particular emphasis on Local Markets and emerging markets in Asia would be beneficial. Highly numerate.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage regulatory & audit requirements
- Strong project management and documentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to work as part of a Global team
- Knowledge and awareness of regulatory change impacting market risk including Benchmark Transition.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive.
As a Purpose-led bank we have committed to delivering commercial and societal outcomes across environmental sustainability, financial wellbeing and housing affordability. We deliver these sustainability commitments with our customers, in our business and across the communities where we operate.
We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace - it's all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
We want to make sure everyone has an inclusive and supportive experience throughout our recruitment process and when joining ANZ. If you are a candidate with a disability, and require adjustments to our recruitment process or the role itself let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers . You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 23127 Job Posting End Date
4 October 2022, 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)