- Permanent, Full time
- Randstad Singapore Pte Ltd
- 16 Jun 19
Market Risk Manager
- Full time
This is a newly created role.
About the company
Our client is a wholesale bank providing full suites of corporate banking products and solutions.
About the job
Reporting to Head of Risk, you will be jointly responsible for:
- Monitor and analyse daily market risk of the client's trading portfolios via Bank's internal proprietary risk models and systems; ensure client compliance with both Bank's own global risk policy and risk parameters as well as exchange capital requirements.
- Identify potential sources of risks and suggest/propose corrective actions; escalate matters to senior management in line with established standard operating procedures.
- Provide modelling feedbacks and testing results to Quantitative Modelling Team for continuous enhancement to the Bank's risk models and risk systems; communicate the changes in the model and the model result to clients and internal audience as appropriate.
- Provide daily risk reports to clients and management; provide commentary on any violations of risk parameters and on the risk model stress test and Basel stress test results; provide any ad hoc risk reporting to the regulators and senior management when required.
- Provide risk team members with market risk assessment of a client.
- Work with members of the global execution systems team to approve and establish appropriate exchange and client level trade limits.
- Participate in client risk visits or phone calls along with the client risk officer and provide assessments of client's operational risk controls surrounding order management, execution, and risk management systems and practices.
- Analyse the market risk of client portfolio and provide the initial assessment of the client trading strategy during the client on-boarding phase.
- Understand processes improvements and efficiency gains through automation and application developments; update the Risk standard operational procedures (SOP) documentations.
About the manager/team
You will be working closely in a small team. You should be a proactive self-starter able to handle the market risk portfolio independently.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Around 8 years of experience in market risk.
- Strong Financial Knowledge in all asset classes
- Keen interest in markets and show ability to relate to a portfolio
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Good communication skills to interact with internal stakeholders
- Advanced experience with Excel and basic knowledge of VBA will be advantageous
To apply online please use the 'apply' function, alternatively you may contact Chehak Saxena at 6510 1351.
(EA: 94C3609/ R1983181 )