A self-directed and independent individual to support the Head of Risk Management & Compliance (“RMC”) within the RMC department focusing on Regulatory Compliance aspects such as governance, risk management and market conduct requirements, in order to maintain a robust risk and compliance framework within Infinitum Financial Advisory.
- Provide sound & constructive regulatory advice to business units on a timely basis, and keep abreast of policies & procedures, regulatory developments and best industry practices in relation to the Financial Advisory and/or Insurance space.
- Timely dissemination of regulatory updates and implement requirements (if needed) with relevant business units as needed.
- Responsible for implementation of Infinitum’s Outsourcing Policy.
- Engage relevant business units to identify, assess, proactively manage gaps/breaches, implement, and track action items to completion, as part of Infinitum’s Risk and Control Self-Assessment and Compliance Risk Assessment exercise.
- Liaise with MAS, product providers and/or internal and external auditors as required.
- Track, monitor and facilitate submission of regulatory filing of forms/surveys/responses to the regulators within stipulated timelines.
- Ensure that complaint handling and investigation conclusions are adequately and properly assessed, documented and reported in accordance with prevailing FAA-N14 and Market Conduct requirements.
- Ensure our representatives meet the Fit and Proper Criteria in accordance to MAS Guidelines on an ongoing basis; review escalations, analyze, and provide appropriate solutions to facilitate representatives’ onboarding process, and to escalate gaps identified on a timely basis.
- Perform assigned compliance monitoring checks as required.
- Assists in the preparation of updates and reports to Senior Management and Group.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, and highlight potential concerns/risks and recommend appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Undertake any tasks as assigned from time to time.
- At least a Bachelor's degree or above.
- At least 5 – 8 years Compliance-related experience in financial adviser/insurance-related industry.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendation.
- Having prior financial advisory and/or insurance compliance experience will be an added advantage.
- Sound technical Market Conduct regulatory knowledge and skills, with hands-on experience is an advantage.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Excel and applications.
Other Competencies and traits:
- Self-initiated and possess critical thinking skills to increase efficiency.
- Possess good communication (verbal and written) skills with a strong EQ.
- Detailed-oriented, has a strong analytical mind with good problem-solving skills.
- Has a self-motivated personality and a good team player.
- Adaptable to changes.