- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 08 Oct 17
Manager, Treasury - Liquidity (FTP Change Management)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Treasury works closely with senior management, the businesses, Country CEOs / CFOs, and Finance to manage and promote the bank's liquidity, capital and balance sheet position.
This role will help drive the change agenda within the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) Framework, including in country implementation and supporting formulation and delivery of final Target Operating Model (TOM) of the FTP framework.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Collaborate with Treasury-Markets Heads, Country Finance and Technology teams in shaping the FTP strategic agenda.
* Document understanding of the agreed changes and translate them into a Business Required Document Requirement (BRD) to be used for detailed discussions with technology teams on scope of planned implementation.
* Draw up a detailed project plan for all planned initiatives and help track timelines on milestones are met.
* Participate in discussions with external vendors on strategic system replacement discussions and help them understand FTP policy and expected functionalities to facilitate automated solutions to implement the policy.
* Supporting FTP Policy Owner to review country FTP dispensation and ensure exception is granted with proper justification;
* Implementing FTP Target Operating Model (TOM) with a standardized and coordinated approach across countries and centralizing more responsibilities to Global Business Support teams.
* Country Treasury - Markets Team
* Regional and Central Treasury - Transformation Team
* Regional and Central Treasury - Risk Team
* Treasury - Liquidity Team
* Product Control / Country Finance
* Group Finance Systems
* Technology Team / Vendors
Qualifications and Skills
* 5-7 years experience in an Asset Liability Management, Corporate Treasury, Market Risk, or Product Control role with Change Management experience.
* Ability to understand, define and articulate business requirements in a clear, precise manner (with project management experience is advantageous)
* Has proven track record in running projects within Treasury covering FTP, Balance Sheet analytics, liquidity.
* Good understanding of liquidity management, as well as balance sheet management concepts and dynamics across commercial and trading balance sheets.
* Proven ability to comprehend business processes, to identify inefficiencies and risk, and to provide appropriate business solutions or alternatives.
* Ability to forge strong relationships with vendors, business partners and internal customers.
* Strong communication and presentation skills to varying levels of management.
* Fast learner with a strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 21/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.