Manager, Trade Services Operations
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
- To manage a team in processing Import/Export/Guarantees/Supply chain transactions
- Ensure that all transactions and tasks assigned are processed/carried out in accordance with the operating/compliance procedures.
- Responsible for day-to-day smooth and efficient operations of the Team including liaising and coordinating with the Back Office.
- Liaise with Marketing Officers and Risk whenever necessary regarding solutions for adhoc transactions touching on customer's risks and commitments or irregular transactions.
- Make decision on technical problems relating to all matters concerning bills.
- Review and monitor irregular/overdue/unpaid bills and take necessary actions as agreed with the client and Marketing Officer
- Responsible for disseminating relevant information and instructions received to the staff
- Look into customers' / correspondents' complaints and take appropriate action in liaison with Head of Trade Services.
- Resolve problems and implement solutions affecting the operations processes.
- Undertake corrective action for any nonconformance identified during audits.
- Identify staff training needs and ensure they are adequately trained for the jobs they perform.
- Support the marketing efforts of the Marketing Officers by making joint calls to customers to provide advice/ making presentations on trade products and build up good customers' relationship.
- Participate in procedures and operations reviews.
- Verify and approve transactions within their authority level.
- Perform 1st level controls as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Head of Trade Services from time to time.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Preferably at least 10 years experience in handling trade import/export operations preferably also with experience Bank Guarantee/Supply Chain transactions
- Preferably with 3 years experience in managing a team
- PC skills - MS Word, Excel
- Strong team player. Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fast and accurate. Can multi task and able to work under pressure
- Client service oriented
- Good understading and able to apply relevant ICC Rules - e.g. UCP 600, ISP 98, URDG 758, URC 522