Manager, Technical Support Specialist, Cash & Trade L2 Support, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
Manager, Technical Support Specialist, Cash & Trade L2 Support, GTOAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Technical Application Support Specialist - Regional Platform Cash and Trade L2 production support.
Main role of the position is to support the bank's single and bulk services for Remittance and Payment Products such as SWIFT Telegraphic Transfer, Demand Draft, Cashier's Order, local RTGS payment, GIRO and cheque issuance, plus applications for International trade and FX rates broadcasting system. Support is applicable to Singapore HO and regional countries in the eastern and western block.
Daily job scope involves working with various IT partners (system administrators, job schedulers, development teams) and Users to provide prompt and effective production support for the above products and applications.
- Technical Specialist responsible for the business application portfolio in payment related applications to ensure its service uptime & day-to-day smooth running (availability and reliability) in order to serve the business per agreed service level targets.
- To support users' enquiries and perform due diligence to ensure ease of maintenance, operation efficiency and system monitoring.
- Lead by example in high pressure situations and timely resolution of any day-to-day application system issues/incidents.
- Ability to correlate events across multiple systems to proactively surface and resolve deep underlying issues.
- Strong track record of improving capabilities of an organization through leadership
- Manage communication for Incidents (SLA breaches, Application Major Incidents, Logistics issue) and responsible for communications within team, manager and department. To provide timely escalation/report to all stakeholders concerning BAU matters, tracks and manage the production issue from opening to closure, including follow-up fixes wherever is applicable.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all relevant business users/operation support centre as well as providing effective and timely support for production issues as well as queries. Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand.
- Liaise with various support units such as Application Development and Delivery unit, Data Security, Infrastructure, Technical Service, and Quality Assurance on system/application setup, environment and deployment.
- Contribute in effective knowledge management best practices within team and organization. Work with level 1 support in application knowledge transfer in establishing standard first level recovery process/system health check monitoring/scheduled activities as well as common application user queries.
- Participate effectively in cross functional teams to troubleshoot, resolve complex issues, execute continuous service improvement process improvement plan. Work with project/development/Level 3 team in permanent resolution/change request management - all types including enhancements, bug fixes, etc.
- To assess operational readiness of new products / applications / flows. Support the upkeep of the supporting documentation related to the application system in-charged,
- Strong support experience for mission critical systems in financial industry, regional system support experience is preferred.
- Capable in prompt incident and problem management, provides short term workaround and long term solutions wherever is applicable, in order to maintain system maximum uptime and availability.
- Strong in change management control (knowledge in ALDON is preferred), good documentation skills and high problem solving skills.
- Strong team player. Flexible and able to coordinate team effectively both in and outside of office hours; willing to take on challenges and provide prompt and effective day and night support.
- Self-Motivated, and able to manage your work plan with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Good Understanding of the Transaction banking function domain covering Cash Management & Payments for Wholesale and/or Retail banking business
- Strong understanding of ITIL methodology
Essential Technical Skill :-
- 3-5 years of production system support experience in the financial industry is preferred.
- Experience and good understanding in Remittance and Payment Products such as SWIFT Telegraphic Transfer, Demand Draft, Cashier's Order, local RTGS payment, GIRO and cheque issuance, plus experience in International trade and FX rates broadcasting system is preferred.
- Technically Strong in :
- A> AS400 platform & RPG, COBOL400, SQL and Query400.
- B> In UNIX/Linux Environment, including expertise in Shell/Perl scripting, along with Knowledge of XML, SWIFT, MQ and Connect Direct
- Experience writing scripts on automation/event management, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports.
- Change Management / Incident Management / Problem Management / Capacity and performance management
- Experience in scheduling tools and Interfaces and Messaging systems/file transfer protocol such as Control-M, sFTP, Connect Direct, IBM WebSphere MQ and etc.
- Ability to foster a proactive team environment focused on technical remediation of Production Environments
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision and ensuring the detail is of high priority
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work well with cross-organizational teams; to communicate and develop long lasting relationships with all levels in a clear, concise manner.
- Strong problem solving skills while being process orientated.
- Self-motivating and delivery focused individual.
- Ability to understand the big picture - can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.