Manager. Settlement Manager - Custody Operations
Posting Date: 01-Jul-2020
Location: Cecil Street, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Settlements for Custody and Investment Operations Centre, this person will have the responsibility to provide daily operational support and be involved in new product implementations and process automation initiatives.
He/she is expected to:
- Manage post trade settlement functions such as processing of trade instructions, ensuring instructions are released to market, relaying of trade status back to clients and troubleshooting of trade queries and issues. Additional tasks include funding projections, review of static maintenance and investigating recon breaks.
- Work with the Head of Settlements in the review of new product proposals from Business Units, including evaluating of system gaps, operations related documentation (including training materials), coordinating from system testing till implementation with respective stakeholders.
- Provide cross team operational coverage, adhere to processing KPIs, Service Levels and compliant with internal controls and various legislation, regulations and bank policies.
- Undertake process and system enhancements to achieve optimum productivity and process efficiency.
- In-depth understanding of product parameters, policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements on domestic and global market operations.
- Good knowledge of custody operations workflows, settlement procedures and systems.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the business partners and clients and drive client service standards for the division.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by management. Job Requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 6-8 years in a banking operations environment, preferably in securities settlement
- Experience in driving initiatives and change implementations
- Working knowledge of Singapore securities market and regulatory framework
- Understanding of foreign securities settlement in the domestic and Euroclear market
- Well versed with MS Word/Excel. Knowledge of swift will be an advantage
- Has product knowledge of equities and fixed income
- Strong risk control/compliance mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and client-servicing skills
- Effective communication skills with proficiency in writing and presentations
- Adaptable and resilient, strong problem solving skills, and intellectually inquisitive
- Great team player, and willingness to learn
Apply now and make a difference.