- Contract, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 Feb 18
Manager Product Control (Direct Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
A key member of the BSRS team able to assist on all areas within the SCG scope with a focus on new system design and implementation, and supporting the balance sheet substantiation process.
A senior role within Product Control providing support around the Financial Control aspects of the FM balance sheets.
Key responsibilities include
1. Contribute to the design and review of systems, applications, reports used in BSRS
2. Integrity exception report and balance sheet report preparation and monitoring.
3. Performance and review of the Pakistan TPGL and IFRS 9 related reconciliations
4. Point of contact for substantiation related matters for group product controllers across various businesses.
5. Provide cover for other SCG staff leave - whether they be Singapore or Bangalore based.
6. Embedding an overall Financial Control culture across the teams
The role should also cover the following:
1. To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
2. Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
Support the delivery of balance sheet reconciliation & substantiation processes, controls and governance including:
- Contribution to the definition of business requirements and development of core processes
- Perform testing and implementation of new system tools
- Establish key controls and monitoring processes
- Centralisation of processes within Product Control
Core balance sheet reconciliation / substantiation processes including:
- Review of daily interface reconciliation between Trade Processing systems and the General Ledger for Pakistan
- Performance and review of the Pakistan IFRS 9 related reconciliations and exception reports
- Assist in investigation and resolution of reconciliation exceptions
- Review of quarterly substantiation of balance sheet accounts
- Critical review, analysis, & assessment of balance sheet commentary and substantiation pack
- Daily Integrity exception report preparation and monitoring.
- Assist other team members for other location reconciliations and issues as required
Provide regional and country support on reconciliation and substantiation matters to product and financial control by:
- Providing meaningful insight and understanding of the country balance sheet.
- Liaison with group product controllers across various businesses.
Develop a strong internal network by:
- Proactively engaging all key stakeholders
- Representing the team and department at various working groups
- Reaching out to other business areas/regions to ensure best practice is implemented
Provide proactive support to their line manager:
- Providing a well controlled and transparent governance structure
- Proactively align goals with demands of the department
1. A first class Product Control division which continually seeks to challenge and improve standards.
2. Driving closer alignment between Product Control and in-country finance teams.
3. Optimal BSRS system configuration and process improvements, leading to cost efficiencies.
4. A strong internal control environment around key reconciliations and balance sheet substantiation
1. As appropriate when overseeing / engaging with junior staff.
2. As delegated by the Head - Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation.