This role performs quantitative analysis of the credit portfolio, including stress-testing and loss-forecasting, to support the Second Line of Defence oversight and monitoring of credit risk activity in Asia. The role provides insights that support the enhancement of risk strategy and policy.
- Understand the role of Stress Testing within the overall Risk and Capital management framework of Westpac.
- Manage the development of the plan for Stress Testing cycles.
- Understand timescales and critical paths for the delivery of results.
Stress Test Production
- Conduct credit risk stress testing analyses that meet local regulatory requirements and management purposes.
- Develop, maintain, and validate stress testing scenarios in consultation with key stakeholders, and in accordance with Group policies and methodologies.
- Engage with Group stakeholders to review stress testing outcomes and facilitate effective management discussions and decisions.
- Maintain and improve stress test model and facilitate group validation.
Analysis and Reporting
- Support the technical components of risk reporting.
- Analyse and interpret quantitative outcomes including loss forecasts and synthesise these into insights to support risk strategy and policy decisions.
- Conduct adhoc portfolio analysis as directed by CRO Asia.
Working as a Team
- Identify process improvements and simplification opportunities for greater efficiency.
- Build strong working relationship with all areas that support Stress Testing and Reporting.
Risk, Regulatory, Conduct and Culture:
- Drive and maintain a strong risk culture with a relentless focus on initiatives to strengthen the control environment
- Assess, manage and optimise risk to ensure that financial goals are met within agreed risk appetite levels.
- Maintain appropriate market profile and position
- Lead by example and encourage others to behave in ways which support the development of a successful and desired business culture
- Demonstrate and promote ‘One Westpac’ team behaviours with the aim to facilitate greater internal communication and performance outcomes across lines of business
- Satisfactory performance against applicable internal and external compliance and control standards and codes of conduct including but not limited to conduct rules under the Individual Accountability and Conduct Framework
- Complete any mandatory training in line with legal, regulatory, and internal compliance requirements.
- Degree in Statistics / Applied Mathematics / Finance / Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a banking organization including 3 - 4 years in stress testing / credit risk modelling, preferably in a wholesale banking environment.
- Highly skilled in at least one of the following programming languages: SAS and R.
- Familiar with risk estimates, capital, provisioning, and stress testing methodology and concepts, and related banking regulations.
- Excellent oral / written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and prioritization skills; able to handle multiple priorities concurrently.
- Able to work both independently and with cross functional teams.
Our values are what we believe in at Westpac Group, they guide the way we behave and our aspirations. Together our five values can help us achieve our refreshed purpose:
- Helpful: Passionate about providing a great customer experience
- Ethical: Trusted to do the right thing
- Leading Change: Determined to make it better and be better
- Performing: Accountable to get it done
- Simple: Inspired to keep it simple and easy