Manager, Mobile IP (#5G)
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future. Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal candidate should possess:
- Responsible for security compliance check for Mobile Data nodes for both on-going projects and routine yearly VAPT check.
- Responsible for the operations of the mobile PNF (Physical Network Function), VNF (Virtualized Network Function) & CNF(Container Network Function) platforms are being maintained optimally.
- Lead and supervise a team to carry out Mobile Data Network change management including patch loading, implementation of software, hardware upgrades and configuration changes on mobile data core network elements like Mobility Management Entity (MME), Gateways (SGW/PGW), Diameter Edge Agent(DEA), Radius, DNS and its support nodes in a hybrid (Native & Virtualized) environment for both 4G and 5G deployment.
- As upgrades and patch loading may disrupt mobile services the successful candidate is will need to work outside normal working hours to carry out such activities.
- The successful candidate is required to be on 24/7 standby alert to handle unplanned system faults and/or service degradation.
- Troubleshoot and perform root causes failure analysis for software & hardware faults related to the network nodes.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with system vendor(s) for the delivery, testing and timely implementation of new software, hardware and patches.
- Create and maintain engineering test documentation and guidelines system functional and mobile services testing.
- Perform and coordinate disaster recovery activity expeditiously in times of service disruptions so as to minimize service downtime and revenue loss.
- Provide engineering support / expertise to Planning and Product Marketing in technical feasibility studies and trials of new products and services.
- Administer the department operating/capital expenditures, inclusive of negotiation /renewal of maintenance contracts.
- Ensure that service quality & performance of Mobile Data (packet switched) related services are maintained at high quality, with minimum service disruption.
- Review existing best practices and processes for system acceptance testing and introduce preventive or optimized measures to improve the network quality cum resilience in a proactive manner.
Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change. Note to Recruitment Agencies
- A good engineering degree preferably in the area of wireless communications. Fresh graduate with correct attitude and strong interest in Mobile technology like 5G is welcome to apply for the job. Appropriate training will be provided for candidates to fill in the work.
- Familiar with TCS security compliance checklist like CIS 20.
- Must be a team player coupled with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to work independently.
- Possess good analytical and systematic troubleshooting skills in the area of technical fault isolation and rectification.
- Must be self-driven and energized to embrace new technology and also develop ways to improve customer experience
- Strong interest in system and process automation with good knowledge in automation tools e.g. Ansible. Resolve, UI Patch, RPA.
- Familiar with Mobile technology such as UMTS, LTE and 5G operating in both native and virtualized environment.
- Working experience and familiar with best practices in mobile switching equipment (Ericsson) and virtualized / cloud technology like Openstack/NFVi/Container (Kubernetes)/SDN will be an added advantage.
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).