A leading composite insurance company is seeking for someone who have experience in Investment Accounting. You will be part of the team whose primary responsibility would be the investment accounting and financial performance measurement. You will implement and maintain the company’s finance policies and deliver timely and accurate financial performance measurement analysis and report to various stakeholders to support the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Be part of the team to ensure the accuracy and timely relating to the month-end closing of the investment account. This involves performing various reconciliation and reasonableness analysis of the investment account.
- Be responsible of timely and accurate submission of various reporting (Group, statutory and regulatory MAS122/105, RBC returns). For regulatory reporting, this involves performing variance analysis to ensure reasonableness of reported numbers
- Assist the team-leader to handle queries from various stakeholders (MAS, internal & external audit)
- Assist the team-leader to ensure compliance to group policies and regulatory policies.
- Liaise and work with fund managers and custodian banks for accounting and database requirements.
Financial Performance Measurement
- Work directly with the business units to implement the fund transfer pricing attribution framework with the end objective of delivering a financial performance report to the management team on a regular basis.
- Engage the Asset-Liability Manager and Investment Manager to help them to understand their respective attributed performance and resolve any differences.
- Be involved in the annual business planning process to help set the target for the different managers in different business units.
- Strong Degree in Accountancy or Finance.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience preferably in Insurance industry. Candidates with investment accounting background or related fields will be preferred.
- Strong organizational skill to manage multi-tasking requirements of this function.
- Self-motivated, committed and possess initiative & strong drive to meet tight timeline.
- Good project management skills.