The incumbent is responsible for the internal control over financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliation review, and ensuring proper governance within the Finance function through risk assessment exercise and setting of relevant controls
- Execute periodic financial controls self-assessments on ICFR for all financial reporting entities in Singapore.
- Assist process owners / stakeholders in identifying risk and control for internal control for reporting.
- Assist in ICFR audit, including participate in walkthrough session with process owners before commencement of ICFR audit.
- Assist process owners / stakeholders in finalizing audit issue.
- Follow up management action plans with process owners.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects rolled out by Group, including adoption of new risks and controls framework for ICFR, implementation of system for financial controls self-assessments.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and assess that all balance sheet accounts are supported with appropriate documents for all reporting entities in Singapore.
- Ensure all exposures are correctly and completely accounted for with explanations properly documented on the exposure.
- Ensure ageing analysis is properly prepared.
- Monitor and suggest resolutions where possible to ensure long outstanding exposure items are progressively resolved/addressed by process owners.
- Look into process improvements to shorten the overall turnaround time for balance sheet reconciliations preparation and review.
- Complete and coordinate with various stakeholders on the checklists required for financial closing certification sign off within the stipulated timeline given.
- Highlight non-compliance issues for escalation in a timely manner.
- Review and perform gap analysis of the internal processes which has financial impact to identify potential operational or financial risks.
- Participate in setting policies or controls to close the identified controls gaps.
- Performance of internal control assessments to ensure process is in compliance to set Policies.
- Support various teams in Finance on the operational risks and controls self-assessments.
- Participate in other ad-hoc tasks, including special review or investigations to identify areas of improvement and address control gaps.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience in an insurance company or financial related sector, with preferably 5 years of audits or internal controls related experience
- Qualified CPA with degree in Accountancy or ACCA
- In-depth knowledge of internal control principles and risk management practices