- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Manager, Enterprise Stress Test Review
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Manager, Enterprise Stress Test ReviewAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This is an existing role, where the holder will lead on a number of Review and Challenge initiatives on Bank of England core deliverables as well as other exercises and projects on an ad hoc basis. The holder will need to input to the wider enterprise risk management agenda and drive continuous enhancement of enterprise stress testing capabilities.
Enterprise stress testing comprises the stress tests required by the Group's management and Board to inform Risk Appetite and the stress tests required by the Prudential Regulation Authority (ICAAP stress test, Bank of England's annual concurrent stress test, Recovery Plan stress test and Reverse stress test). The role requires technical knowledge of stress testing methodologies and excellent stakeholder management.
The role reports to the Head of Stress Test Review and Challenge and sits within the Enterprise Risk Management function, which drives all enterprise stress testing initiatives in collaboration with teams across the Risk, Group Treasury and Finance divisions.
- Lead the review and challenge of enterprise stress tests for Business Volumes and Margins which include the NII generation for SCB across all businesses.
- Present key findings to senior stakeholders internally and make pragmatic and effective recommendations to ensure resolution.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the enterprise stress testing process within Group Risk or across, Group Treasury and the business.
- Drive continuous improvement in methodologies applied, ensuring that regulator feedback is being addressed.
- Able to understand and challenge dependencies between balance sheet and P&L.
- Ensure consistency of assumptions and judgements across different businesses.
- Be involved in the P2B review for local ICAAP submissions across the Group.
- Lead projects on an ad hoc basis.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Good understanding of ALM practices in BAU and stress.
- Ability to analyse the balance sheet and income evolution with reference to the stated methodology and the underlying macro-economic scenario.
- Prior involvement in ICAAP and/or stress testing with a focus on NII generation and balance sheet projections.
- Understanding of products across a number of businesses, including Corporate Finance, Transaction Banking, Treasury Markets, Financial Markets, Retail, Lending.
- Detailed knowledge of and direct experience in Bank of England or equivalent stress testing exercises.
- Advanced understanding of accounting concepts and ability to navigate through bank financial statements and identify dependencies across different areas.
- Strong analytical and drafting skills. Ability to succinctly summarise complex issues.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; comfortable in building relationships at senior levels and across teams, with outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Confident self-motivated person with a high level of drive and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced modelling skills are desirable but not required.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.