Manager, Enterprise Metadata
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
- Be familiar with product capability and limitations. Be able to apply product functionality to meet the Bank's metadata and DQ requirements. Be able to suggest workarounds to users to overcome problems.
- Maintain a standard data model for metadata. Map all metadata tools' attributes to the standard data model. Be able to explain the purpose of each attribute and the reasons for each mapping.
- Maintain a library of product reference and project documentation. Be able to explain each product function and feature.
- Manage product release and commercialisation. Work with product vendors and technology support teams for product testing and rollout.
- Participate in product enhancement projects.
- Plan and publish a training calendar. Track progress of user enrolment.
- Conduct user training. Encourage users' adoption of the tools. Monitor usage and hand-hold users during initial phase of adoption.
- Perform metadata contents quality checks (for checks that cannot be automated).
People and Talent
- End to end process documentation, and rollout the Metadata target operating model
- Establish strong relationships and communication channels across each of the key stakeholders
- Proactively highlight any product related risks related to Metadata to the management
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Work closely with DQ Advisory, Metadata Operations and Design & Monitoring (2LoD) team to ensure that the Metadata tool can support relevant guidelines issued as part of the Data Quality Management policy and standards
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Key representatives across all business and functions including their CIO counterparts
- Certified data management professionals would have advantage.
- 10 years' work experience in the Banking Industry.
- Has in-depth knowledge in metadata that includes business glossary, data dictionary, data interface, data lineage, transformation rules, inclusion/exclusion criteria, etc.
- Has in-depth knowledge in data quality management, including practical experience in implementing DQ controls, DQ reporting, and DQ issue management.
- Has knowledge of Agile Project Management (Backlog creation, Backlog refinement, UAT, UAT coordination)
- Hands-on experience in Metadata tools (Informatica, Collibra etc) would be preferred
- Experience in developing training materials and in conducting user training would be advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.