Manager, Digital Payment Solutions , Personal Financial Services
Posting Date: 22-Sep-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services. Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations. Job Responsibilities
Develop market leading payments solutions through leveraging on fin-tech platforms and integrating with commercial card payments proposition. Ensure successful sell in of new and innovative payment solution to bank customer. Build best-in-class virtual payments proposition for UOB Commercial Solutions customers:
- Ideation and proposition development with fin-techs, Commercial Solutions Product and Delivery Team, associations/ schemes, Bank segments and customers.
- Understand new trends, developments and regulations in the cards and wider payments industry, continuously review and adapt solution capabilities to ensure solution stays relevant to customers.
- Have a discerning eye when identifying suitable fin-tech partners in terms of tech capability, operations and company values to collaborate with.
- Ensure successful launch of Virtual Payment Solutions propositions through working with customer's multifunctional teams including Procurement, Finance, Frontline and Operations, and various internal UOB stakeholders (GWB, CPP, Compliance etc.).
Key Roles and Responsibilities are:
- Promote Virtual Payment Solutions suite of new solution capabilities to senior management across the Bank, with the aim of enhancing collaborative efforts with business segments.
- Identify and onboard fin-tech and B2B partners for value creation to achieve sustainable growth model; ideation of ecosystems led initiatives.
- Design new solutions to address customer's pain points in making/ receiving payments. Payment solution design and provide high level consultancy to customers on payments processes.
- Accountable for identifying and acquiring new customers. Manage pipeline and provide periodic updates on acquisition progress. Work closely with Sales team to identify potential VPS opportunities.
Be a part of UOB Family
- 5 years or more related experience working within payments industry.
- Excellent project management skills and capable of leading multiple cross functional projects.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong integrity with self-motivated attitude to achieve targets.
- Able to build vision and develop ideas into actual marketable solutions.
- Have experience working in both financial services and technology companies.
- Excellent command of English, in both verbal and writing.
- Computer literate, high proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and VISIO.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.