About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understand the user requirements and participate system design, particularly the business/functional services. Participate into the full development life cycle of solution delivery using agile development methodologies.
- Design and build APIs, microservices and database schemas and ensure scalability, maintainability and performance
- Lead architecture and design reviews, code reviews, RCAs to ensure consistent adoption of engineering best practices
- Track and maintain metrics such as system performance and system security
- Hands-on programming work for development projects
- Contribute to implementation and enforcement of software engineering best practices
- Mentor junior software engineers and collaborate well with other stakeholders
- Release to production and provide third line support to production system support team.
- Be able to analyze issues and fix them during production and testing.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science from a top tier university
- 8+ years of extensive experience on backend technology
- Extensive hands-on programming experience in Java
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Very strong understanding of multi-thread and multi-core design patterns with specific focus on concurrency and messaging patterns, instrumentation and error recovery and management.
- Working knowledge of streaming/data pipeline tools such as Kafka
- Microservices implementation experience with focus on domain driven design.
- Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Netflix OSS experience.
- Prior experience using Redis, ElasticSearch and Grafana
- RESTful API design and development.
- Hands on experience and knowledge on relational databases(Oracle and/or PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity and working experience with Openshift container platform and/or AWS will be an added advantage
- Front-end technologies, with specific focus on:
- ReactJS with experience developing front end and dashboard applications
- MVC design experience running on Single Page Application (SPA)
- Debugging and troubleshooting of UI application performances and optimization.
- Experience in design patterns and concurrency design for UI application
- Successful delivery of FM strategic and regulatory change projects within ITO
- Proactive issue identification, prioritization, and resolution
- Strong and positive influence on direction and success of front to back business change agenda
- Contribution to significant advances in operational capability for processing of OTC derivatives
- Clear and appropriate communication with front to back stakeholders
- Low occurrence of operating incidents in production environment due to functional issues
- Project assignment delivery
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.