We are looking to recruit a proactive Manager, Depository Services with the Digital & Depository Services Function in the Equities Unit who will be responsible for the management of our existing depository business serving issuers and investors across SGX’s Equities Business. This role will report directly to the Head of Digital & Depository Services, Equities.
Working closely with other parts of the Equities' Business Unit, the successful candidate will help to run the depository business and lead key initiatives to drive innovation in SGX’s depository business.
The depository business serves two main stakeholder groups. One is the depositors where we provide CDP account management and depositor services, such as a currency conversion service, scrip handling and custody for foreign securities. The other is the issuers for which we provide corporate action services and value add reporting.
As a key member of the Digital & Depository Services, Equities team you will have responsibility for:
- Drive revenues as well as the product and service strategy in close collaboration with the Head of Digital & Depository Services, Equities including planning and development for our service offering to depository agents, listed companies and institutional and retail investors.
- Continued development of our product suite by introducing innovative solutions to market participants in the areas of depository for cash equity and securitised products.
- Collaboration on projects and initiatives with both business and support units (sales, issuer services, operations, technology, legal, risk, compliance and RegCo) as well as external stakeholders (depository agents, listed companies, vendors).
- Working closely with the relationship management team to regularly interact and engage market participants to convert initiatives and opportunities / challenges into well-defined business requirements.
- Continuous review of the products and services suite to ensure performance against KPIs set for the respective areas and the Equities Business Unit as a whole.
- Keeping abreast on the regulatory landscape impacting the equity and securitised product business and its market participants.
- Identifying and formulating business plans with financial projections for new products, services and offerings.
- Delivery of existing key projects and initiatives.
- Has at least 7 years of working experience in the areas of custody or a related area.
- Possess strong business acumen with significant experience in product management / development across various asset classes. Ideally, he / she should also bring new experience in developing innovative, efficient securities and asset service offerings, considering the current state of the market and its market participants.
- Possess an effective balance of strategic vision and tactical experience. He / she should be a self-starter, prepared to initiate necessary internal and external relationships, processes and planning.
- Possess strong multi-level communications skills and be savvy in building strong business relationships within SGX and across SGX’ market participants and other external stakeholders.
- Closely collaborate with Digital & Depository Services, Equities team on business and initiative progress and discusses new ideas and challenges with the team
- The candidate is ideally able to use the available information sources independently, e.g. the ones accessible via SQL or Excel Power Pivot.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure