Manager Credit Risk Mgt, Secured
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Monitor portfolio quality and ensure delinquency and losses are within targets by implementing appropriate credit/portfolio safeguards
- Embed risk appetite framework in policy decision making clearly outlining the potential risk and rewards
- Ensure relevant retail credit policies & guidelines are consistently applied and adhered.
- Review & provide feedback to management to ensure practicality & feasibility for the implementation of a robust credit policy
- Work closely with Segments/Business to optimize business profitability and volumes with a balanced credit quality and collateral composition.
- Provide guidance to Credit Initiation Managers in credit evaluation and to review larger ticket loans
- Provide guidance to the Risk Monitoring Team in credit monitoring.
- Advise Sales, Branches and Relationship Managers on credit related issues and loan documentation.
- Continual review, streamline and improve operational procedures and working closely with the MI&F/ IT/ Risk Monitoring / CI to optimise the use of the Front-End, TP systems and SPEED.
- Actively participate and contribute towards development of new and enhanced retail banking products/systems concentrating on credit risk aspect.
- Adhere to stringent service performance standards to achieve service excellence and to provide quality support to Sales Channel and Segments.
- Adhere to stringent KYC/ CDD/ ML compliance standards
- Work closely with Credit Approval team to track deviations for approvals of loan products and monitor breaches in the product programmes by highlighting issues so that corrective/preventive action can be taken
- Ensure robust MIS data quality, and integrity of statistics and MIS
- Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations, and controls and procedure of the Bank
- Ensure established audit ratings.
- Ensure compliance with the QA / CSTs Check on the credit process universe.
- Graduate / Postgraduate with a minimum of 5 years of experience in related field. Exposure to credit and other line function desirable.
- Ability to conceptualise and effectively execute the various credit policies & procedures.
- Experience in Monitoring Portfolios, knowledge of delinquency trends, Market understanding is desirable.
- Understanding of Job / Function related operation risk and regulatory environment.
- An initiator with very high level of energy.
- Good analytical and communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Credit experience - Wealth Management preferred
- Preferably understands the usage of Bloomberg Terminal
- Fundamental understanding of systems - LOS, Approval, Workflow and how it works
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.