Manager, Credit Risk Management - neXus
SC Ventures (SCV) spearheads the bank's innovation across the Group. Included in SCV's mandate will be to invest in FinTech's and other start-up companies, promote rapid testing and implementation of new business models. SCV will work with businesses and functions across the Group in three key areas of eXellerator, investments, and ventures This role sits directly with one of the Ventures called Nexus. Purpose
To design and build Credit and Fraud risk management solutions and strategies for entire customer lifecycle, i.e., Originations, Portfolio Management and Collections, for Retail Assets, Nexus. Responsibilities
• Undertake credit and fraud risk strategy design and development on lending propositions, with focus on high quality, delivery within agreed timelines and alignment with approved Country/Group/Ventures credit policy
• Design, develop and implement data-driven risk strategies (cut-off setting, indebtedness checks, loan amount assignment, risk-based-procing) for lending products using internal, traditional, and non-traditional data points
• Evaluate and onboard external partners (e.g. in domain of alternate data / score) to drive digital risk management strategies
• Ensure new origination, portfolio and collections performance meets defined key performance indicators and within the defined risk appetite and ensure consistent application and enforcement of risk policies
• Ensure that risk strategies are accurately tested and continually benchmarked with the help of advanced data analytics
• Work independently with various stakeholders such as Product, Technology, Data Engineering, Analytics, etc. to align with business considerations
• System knowledge at implementing decisioning strategies for lending products is a plus
• Lead the effort on documentation and adhering to risk approval process related to risk strategy design and development Knowledge & Skills
• Experience in strategy development, customer segmentation, model development and / or credit policy development for risk management for lending products is a plus
• Strong analytical ability, with technical competency to deliver industry standard outputs
• Achieve excellence in analytical aspirations such as Machine Learning, Blockchain, etc. and create organizational visibility of outcomes and benefits
• Knowledge of working with databases (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
• Experience with Big Data tools for Data Science processes and Machine/Deep Learning development Eligibility criteria
• Sound knowledge of retail banking product economics and retail lending business
• Sound knowledge of Credit and / or Fraud Risk is desired with ability to perform related data analysis
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and drive consensus.
• Degree (preferably Masters) in a Quantitative Discipline (e.g. Math, Stat, Eco, Engineering, Finance, MBA)
• Proficiency in SAS or R or Python or SAS Enterprise Miner or Angoss, with proven experience of working with large, complex data is desired
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a MUST for analysis, presentation and visualization.
• Good written and verbal communication skills Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, and applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .