Manager, Credit Risk/IRRBB Model Validation, Group Risk Management
Posting Date: 08-Sep-2021
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management
function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group's business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile. Job Responsibilities
- Conduct independent model validation for new and existing credit risk and interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB) models
- Provide effective challenges to all aspects of credit risk/IRRBB models including theoretical soundness, model assumptions, model design, data inputs, modeling process, and model outcomes
- Clearly articulate validation findings and make sound recommendations to exercise sufficient challenges
- Eloquently communicate model validation outcomes to various stakeholders and management
Be a part of UOB Family
- PhD/Master/Bachelor majoring in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent professional certifications
- Familiar with SAS and Python language
- Minimally 2 years of credit risk management or data analytics in banking industry
- Team player, self-motivated and resourceful
- Numerically inclined with a strong analytical mind
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and business report writing
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.