- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Manager, Capital Stress Testing
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Manager, Capital Stress TestingAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Stress Testing Modelling Execution
- Strong Focus on Capital metrics like CET1, MREL and Leverage.
- Execution of the stress test models for balance sheet equity and capital requirements.
- Ensure input data quality, reconciliation, validation, consistency with various sources.
- Work alongside global business stakeholders to develop, understand, and translate stress parameters into the final capital projections metrics.
- Manage timelines around the stress test exercises
- Analyze and present results in a concise yet informative manner to senior management
- Produce qualitative write ups commenting on the bank's capital position in various stress scenarios
- Produce final numbers pack for regulatory submissions
- Development of modelling methodology, assumptions, compliance requirements, sensitivities, and drivers for projections.
- Explore new avenues of stress testing, enhancing current approaches in terms of time, usability, scope.
- Build automation of data extraction and model projection capabilities
- Incorporate other areas of risk (E.g. Liquidity) into current capital model.
- Support documentation of stress test models methodology, ensuring it is in compliance with group governance standards
- Conduct operational risk checks and processes for Stress Tests
- Assist to engage, influence and maintain successful working relationships with:
- External regulatory audience (PRA) for BOE Stress Testing
- Group Treasury for all related data from the corporate plan
- Technology, business, and other stakeholders for source/upstream data requirements
- Participation in analytics, regulatory reporting, and change initiatives.
- Working closely with the other teams for any other miscellaneous capital and liquidity projects.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree qualified in a numerate discipline (e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics or financial engineering) preferably with Treasury, Finance, or Regulatory background
- Strong stress testing balance sheet and modelling skills is desirable
- Familiar with capital concepts like CET1/MREL/Leverage/ and Capital requirements
- Strong Excel knowledge and ability to work with large datasets
- Banking product knowledge and experience
- Self starter
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial statements
- Full or partial qualifications like CFA or ACA will be considered favourably
- Strong SAS knowledge and experience in SQL would be an advantage
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- Ability to positively engage with stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.