- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Manager, Business Finance
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
To add value to the Business Performance and Analytics, Planning, Budgeting for Retail Banking.
The Role Responsibilities
To add value to the Business Performance and Analytics, Planning, Budgeting for Retail Banking, provide analytical support to MBR, RMT, specific Deep-dive, help in Business Partnering and Financial Control activities.
- Contributing within the team for enhanced Partnering through
- qualitative analytics and provide value add insights into the RB business
- active participation in driving business strategic agenda and priorities
- supporting the business in managing capital, EVA and driving performance management with an independent finance view
- Providing support to RMT/MBR/Business Management team and Group Finance
- with regular, complete, accurate and timely information as to the performance of the ASA RB business
- through support to line manager and ASA FP&A in delivering the requirements of MBR/RMT
- Enhance the Financial Control environment and ensure that there is continuous improvement in existing processes, infrastructure and capabilities
- Work with Business in formulating the business plan, strategy on management and origination basis, well-coordinated with Group Segment/Product CFOs
- Analyse and present monthly relevant performance MI to help business understand their performance, monitor progress towards Key Performance Indicators
- To assist the business in all matters relating to Product/Segment Profitability Reporting, covering Management, Origination and Franchise view together with EVA analysis
- Regularly highlight performance and execution gaps from agreed strategies and recommend remedial actions
- Ensure that the balance sheet/RWA/Capital are aligned to deliver performance targets and are continuously leveraged to deliver optimum revenues.
- Perform regular segment, and product performance analytical reviews to ensure that value is not being destroyed.
- To ensure monthly reporting on performance and lead indicators, is timely and accurate at both product and segment levels.
- Assist ASA FP&A team/Regional CFO in preparation of MBR/RMT packs.
- Provide bespoke analysis on products, sub-products from various performance lenses to enable qualitative discussion in MBR/RMT
Our Ideal Candidate
- A university degree in Accounting and professional qualification in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, CA or CIMA.
- A post graduate degree e.g. MBA would be an added advantage.
- At least five years work experience in a busy financial reporting department of a commercial organisation.
- A sound knowledge of the Group Accounting practice, retail and wealth management products and all round Banking experience.
- High level of experience in working with computerised Accounting/Banking systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment
- Broad understanding of banking practice and ability to communicate with a wide spectrum of staff including senior members of staff.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.