The Manager, Business Controls and Monitoring role in Asia is responsible for supporting the Asia Treasury team in their accountabilities in regulatory standards, compliance obligations and risks. The role will provide business monitoring and support of the Treasury non-financial risks, controls and compliance obligations in Singapore, Hong Kong and China, as it relates to Asia Treasury trading, funding and liquidity management. The Manager, Business Controls and Monitoring will support its transformation of the Singapore, Hong Kong and China business.
The role provides critical support to business to ensure that key risks are identified, designed, implemented, monitored, tested and governed effectively in accordance to Westpac’s risk management frameworks and policies. It is an expectation of this role to support a strong risk culture that embodies our ethics and integrity, balancing commercial and customer needs.
Role objectives and key responsibilities
- Provide pragmatic advice to key business stakeholders on Treasury risk matters. The role requires ability to build relationships and work across Westpac Group Treasury globally, with key relationships in Asia’s second line operational risk, assurance and compliance colleagues.
- Lead in the identification, documentation and assessment of Treasury key risks and controls. Supporting the Treasury Asia business through the control lifecycle.
- Identify/Oversee the management of Treasury Asia’s incident and issues, including development of rectification plans, providing regular updates, monitoring and supporting the delivery of business actions. Including providing oversight on on issues across key Treasury’s dependencies.
- Ensure quality, accuracy and completeness of business level documentation in JUNO (Openpages). Ensuring Risks, controls, issues and incidents are accurate and up to date.
- Manage Asia Treasury business Compliance Plans and Risk Profile. Continually improve and update Asia Treasury’s end to end process maps and value chain documentation, linking it into Compliance Plans and Risk and Control Matrix.
- Support Asia Treasury with compliance with all applicable and future regulatory requirements and prudential standard ownership and key controls.
- Lead ongoing implementation and refinement of key risk practices across all Group Risk management frameworks, policies, controls and external regulations and guidance.
- Responsible for regular reporting to various risk committees and updating any relevant memos, records, documents to various stakeholders and committees.
- Coach and support business resources in how to perform controls and self-assessments in Westpac systems and comply with their risk and compliance obligations and aid in the development of solutions and remediation plans.
- Monitor effectiveness of self-assessment practices, highlight gaps and risks outside appetite and escalate as required, and update our controls as relevant as it relates to Asia business transition.
- Responsible to lead/support Treasury Product Life Cycle process and represent Treasury for new product updates, review, governance and decommissioning.
- Support the delivery of Group Treasury’s key projects, including providing advice on Treasury’s processes and assisting in the documentation of controls, process documentation.
- Manage Asia User Defined Applications, KYC, Conflicts of Interest and Business Continuity documentation changes and processes.
- Represent or support Asia Treasury at the Asia Risk and Compliance Committee and country level risk and compliance committees, which requires detailed understanding of Westpac internal policies and frameworks and governance processes.
Values & Behaviours
Role models Westpac’s core values and behaviours:
- Helpful: Passionate about providing a great customer experience
- Ethical: Trusted to do the right thing
- Leading Change: Determined to make it better and be better
- Performing: Accountable to get it done
- Simple: Inspired to keep it simple and easy
- A relevant bachelor or post graduate degree
- At least 5 years work experience
- Operational risk/ compliance management experience, preferably within a Treasury or Financial Markets environment
- A passion for risk management, ongoing improvement, quality and efficiency
- Good working knowledge of and understanding of Asia bank regulatory environment