Manager/ AVP, Sales Compliance
Be part of the Group Market Conduct family which strives to safeguard the reputation of the company, through oversight on distribution representatives' market conduct activities and ensuring enforcement actions taken are fair and appropriate. This is a leadership position that sits within the Sales Compliance team with primary functions that consist of market conduct governance, executing the compliance monitoring program, and conduct sales assurance audits that includes Balanced Scorecard program. The Job
- Work with the Section Head to manage, enhance and execute the entire suite of Sales Compliance programs with a primary focus on the monitoring functions.
- Understand insurance sales and identify market conduct risks from new initiatives or emerging trends.
- Design and implement back-end monitoring solutions that enable the team to track, manage any market conduct risks that may arise, and mitigate and contain these risks.
- Conduct ad-hoc assessments on potential high risk areas arising from the conduct of representative or groups of representatives.
- Prepare and/or present market conduct assessments (which can be easily understood) to senior management and/or other stakeholders.
- Proficient in relevant MAS regulations that relate to sales compliance and in its application
- Review and/or update team SOP and Manuals from time to time
- Participate in projects as assigned
- Take on additional roles/responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- This is a leadership role which requires a candidate that demonstrates maturity in thought process, ability to interpret MAS regulations and mobilise team resources to achieve desired outcomes
- Degree holder in any discipline with 5-8 years of prior working experience
- Experienced candidates in Audit, Project Management or Operations looking for a career switch will be considered as well
- Discipline in meeting strict timelines; goal-oriented
- Good communication skills to engage with relevant stakeholders
- Team player who can motivate your peers to excel
- Familiarity with data analytics tools such as Python and Tableau will be an advantage
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot table and VLookup is a must) and PowerPoint
About Great Eastern
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.