Job Purpose You will assist in the qualitative and compliant KYC process for new and existing customers.
Reporting to the KYC Team Lead in Group AML/CFT Compliance, you will be involved in:
- Performing customer due diligence activities including clearing of screening matches, name trawling in accordance to the internal processes/procedures and target turnaround time;
- Performing enhanced due diligence on high risk customers including customer risk assessment and escalation to senior management for approval where required;
- Performing peer quality check/review on activities carried out by other analysts as and when required;
- Ensuring proper record keeping;
- Liaising with various business and functional units for information gathering to ensure customer due diligence activities are completed properly and accurately;
- Monitoring and providing support to ensure prompt and appropriate reporting and escalation of any other AML/CFT issues, where necessary;
- Development and testing of the enhanced AML/CFT systems;
- Preparation of reporting to various stakeholders;
- Carrying out tasks as instructed by the Supervisor and/or Head of Group AML/CFT Compliance;
- Ensure timely & appropriate action is taken on matters where Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing activities suspected;
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks; and
- Highlight any potential concerns/risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Preferably Diploma in Financial/Business/Accounting studies or relevant Degree;
- At least 3 years of KYC/ AML working experience;
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Meticulous, proactive and good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Able to relate facts and information from various sources
- Work independently and yet able to be team-oriented
- Good command of English language [both spoken and written] is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially MS Word and Excel
- Good report writing skill
- Insurance industry and products
- Intermediate understanding of AML/CFT Rules and Regulations
- Familiar with external database searches such as Factiva an added advantage
- ICA or ACAMS certified an added advantage
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork; and
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.