- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 04 Dec 17
Manager - Fund Services
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.To supervise the day-to-day operational functions of fund administration and achieve the following objectives:
1) Adherence to the established controls and procedures.
2) Provide prompt service deliveries and ensure responses to client queries are prompt. Where necessary, be the "subject-matter-expert" in this field and represent department in necessary discussion with stakeholders/clients.
3) Ensure accuracy and completeness of client investment records maintenance.
4) Ensure timely delivery of reports to clients within the agreed deadline.
5) Be cost-effective.
6) Optimize utilization of resources.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1) Ensure accuracy and timely delivery of portfolio valuation, and unit pricing reports within deadlines as agreed with clients.
2) Perform reconciliations - analyze cash and position breaks, review variance and price tolerance reports; ensure timely investigation, resolution or escalation of discrepancies.
3) Handle registrar and transfer agency functions in compliance to fund's legal documents. Review procedures to ensure efficiency running of day-to-day operations.
4) Train, motivate and develop staff to achieve high quality service to clients and accurate reporting.
5) Ensure all documents are properly filed for easy retrieval when references to documents are required.
6) Initiate enhancements on fund accounting system to improve efficiency.
7) Conduct UAT in fund accounting system.
8) Guide members to achieve inter-sectional teamwork and total quality business unit and the maintenance of ISO9001:2000 Quality System.
9) Ensure operations are within the guidelines and in compliance with the regulatory requirements and Bank's established procedures.
10) Check all designated areas of operations with vigilance and care to ensure customers receive the highest standard of quality services at all times.
11) Assist Senior Manager with regards to day-to-day operations in Fund Services team.
1. Achieve 100% compliance to timeliness of reporting to clients.
2. Achieve 100% accuracy of reporting to clients.
3. Have zero service delivery related complaint.
4. Achieve productivity ratio as agreed with supervisor.
5. Maintenance of ISO 9001:2000 Quality System.
6. Active engagement with client on solution delivery
Qualifications and Skills
QUALIFICATION / EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Minimum A level with at least 5 years working experience in fund administration industry or at least 3 years working experience in the banking industry.
- Broad knowledge of banking operation and banking practice.
- Thorough knowledge of fund administration process and industry accounting standards.
- Ability to handle variety of fast changing situations in terms of work pressure and clients' requirements.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and procedural skills.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.